+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Martin.

Well........................
    I have now been able to play a few albums on the Valdi and I am more impressed than I thought I would be. The mid is more pronounced with more detail but the top is a little fizzy. But it rocks along with plenty of PRAT
    I am awaiting the arrival of a test record to make final adjustments
    The fizz may be the Denon 103R but we will see.

Picked the wrong time to sell a highly specced LP12

Again my grateful thanks to all the advice and help from members
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Could well be the Denon? But a cracking turntable! I've had my second Voyd for nearly a year now and am absolutely delighted with it, thanks again to Simon of SJS for servicing the psu.

Yes a dreadful time for pretty much anything really, perhaps hold on to the Linn until this is over, though it could be a while?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Martin.

Well now properly installed and on my rack.
    A few adjustments and it sounds pretty damn good and rather beautiful

Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adrian.

Great, enjoy the music
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Chris.

Looks fabulous, really like that finish and the Audionote arm looks perfect on the valdi.
    Enjoy!
    Chris

I'm Chris.

A little update for my Voyd, just upgraded the platter to the lexan reference platter.
    A nice little lift in performance, I didn't think I would come across one to be honest but I found one, not mint but very pleased with it.

Better resolution and focus, bit more of everything really, worthwhile upgrade.
    Chris

I'm jagtar.

The Voyd design is an interesting one and I have a few including a Valdi of later spec I believe with the green logo on the PSU. One thing I wanted to do was fit a reference bearing and Lexan platter on them to see if it made any improvements to an already good performance so tempted to do that soon. I was lucky enough to buy 2 lexan platters and 2 reference bearings so it is feasible but I am also intrigued with the option of different materials for the arm board like ebony, brass etc so if anyone has any spare made up I will be intrigued to buy and try.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    The Voyd design is an interesting one and I have a few including a Valdi of later spec I believe with the green logo on the PSU. One thing I wanted to do was fit a reference bearing and Lexan platter on them to see if it made any improvements to an already good performance so tempted to do that soon. I was lucky enough to buy 2 lexan platters and 2 reference bearings so it is feasible but I am also intrigued with the option of different materials for the arm board like ebony, brass etc so if anyone has any spare made up I will be intrigued to buy and try.
    Simon of SJS usually has something made up, best person to ask really, with the bearings you have, is it both the main bearing and the inner housing?
    Chris

I'm jagtar.

Hi Chris, yes 2 complete units of main bearing and matched housing that took me a while to find new. The idea was to upgrade my regular 3 motor Voyd and the Valdi so will be contacting Simon regards to ebony and brass arm boards.

Not too long ago I was about to pull the trigger on a minty Voyd Reference but the seller backed down even though I was prepared to complete the deal immediately for asking price, oh well I thought to myself so bought an Audio Note UK S9 step up and can not really complain. One day a Voyd Refernce in good clean condition will turn up but I am not in a rush because the vinyl collection is growing rather quckly and I can not really complain and after all it's the music that is ultimately more important than the equipment to a certain extent.....or so I keep telling myself.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Hi Chris, yes 2 complete units of main bearing and matched housing that took me a while to find new. The idea was to upgrade my regular 3 motor Voyd and the Valdi so will be contacting Simon regards to ebony and brass arm boards.

Not too long ago I was about to pull the trigger on a minty Voyd Reference but the seller backed down even though I was prepared to complete the deal immediately for asking price, oh well I thought to myself so bought an Audio Note UK S9 step up and can not really complain. One day a Voyd Refernce in good clean condition will turn up but I am not in a rush because the vinyl collection is growing rather quckly and I can not really complain and after all it's the music thlat is ultimately more important than the equipment to a certain extent.....or so I keep telling myself.
    Hi Jagtar
    Yes the music is what matters but the kit does somehow become an obsession or should that be possession? ��
    An S9, oh my, have you used a number of arms with your Voyd? I'm currently running the SME V but have been informed that I should try the Audionote arm 3 and obviously a suitable cartridge.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast