+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Strange how when you look for something they are not to be found and then all of sudden they pop up all over the place.

If anyone is interested I have been told of I very nice Audio Note Voyd TT3 with Split PSU made Feb 2000 that's for sale, basically its a Voyd. It has what looks like an Audio Note One arm and Audio Note ANVx 31 strand silver phono lead. The owner has sent me pictures and the whole lot looks in superb condition. If you are interested I can put you in touch with the owner.
    You don't often see the Audionote TT3 version for sale, how much is it going for?
    Hopefully will have my psu back sometime next week.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm George.

I have had my Voyd 0.5 for many, many years. It has a rewired SME V and an AN Io. Gary Dews brought it around and the base it sits on has a solid metal frame and the only way to move it is to stand inside the frame and lift it up and move it in small steps. A job and a half. Setting the table up was much easier, Gary did it!!

I had an intermittent problem with the TT refusing to rotate. I went round to Guy's place and he found the power strip inside the TT had a small intermittent break. Soon fixed and whilst my TT was 'naked' Guy rebalanced the motors to ensure it was running with minimal noise. Apart from that it just sits there and just does the job.

I re-check the level and bounce of the TT and it does not change (or is minimal). I have compared it to a lot of other TTs and for me it has the best overall balance. A great product and I am not surprised they are difficult to get buy. I think Pete (Coco) had to really search for his Ref (bought abroad?).

I tried using two belts but by heck, it was a tricky job getting both belts around three motors. I prefer a single belt.

Good to know that the electronics are still serviceable. Are there readily available replacement belts?
    Last edited by George47; Yesterday at 18:17. Reason: spoling mistook

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    I have had my Voyd 0.5 for many, many years. It has a rewired SME V and an AN Io. Gary Dews brought it around and the base it sits on has a solid metal frame and the only way to move it is to stand inside the frame and lift it up and move it in small steps. A job and a half. Setting the table up was much easier, Gary did it!!

I had an intermittent problem with the TT refusing to rotate. I went round to Guy's place and he found the power strip inside the TT had a small intermittent break. Soon fixed and whilst my TT was 'naked' Guy rebalanced the motors to ensure it was running with minimal noise. Apart from that it just sits there and just does the job.

I re-check the level and bounce of the TT and it does not change (or is minimal). I have compared it to a lot of other TTs and for me it has the best overall balance. A great product and I am not surprised they are difficult to get buy. I think Pete (Coco) had to really search for his Ref (bought abroad?).

I tried using two belts but by heck, it was a tricky job getting both belts around three motors. I prefer a single belt.

Good to know that the electronics are still serviceable. Are there readily available replacement belts?
    I've just bought 4 new belts from cpc.farnell.com AV42.

But what. 5 do you have? Is it the double speed with slimline pulleys? If so you need a different /shorter belt.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm George.

Not sure. It has twin speed from the PSU. I need to find my bag with its last remaining new belt. Got them from Farnell, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213