+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

[QUOTE=Vrajbasi;1085907]Look forward to the update, what generation of voyd are you getting there are sonic differences for sure and no two sounded identical, I liked the nextel top plate version the best with the smaller boxed psu this was quite a late version others preferred the vibrant sounding early versions. Which version are you getting.

I think it's a mid period version with a white facia psu around 1989-90.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

[QUOTE=chris@panteg;1085929]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    Look forward to the update, what generation of voyd are you getting there are sonic differences for sure and no two sounded identical, I liked the nextel top plate version the best with the smaller boxed psu this was quite a late version others preferred the vibrant sounding early versions. Which version are you getting.

I think it's a mid period version with a white facia psu around 1989-90.
    The white/light grey facia was quite early there were two later versions than this. I remember my first voyd was a white facia version cost me £700 brand new in those days from a dealership called sound room in south london. I remember the excitement to get the unit home with a cylene and a IO. I had impulse H1 loudspeakers back then with massive ear 549 amps John sherne who later made his own amps sold them to me he was working for EAR back then.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Well done, care in set up is worthwhile, I should be getting my Voyd tomorrow, looking forward to it.
    Take your time setting up, but you probably know that anyway as I think you’ve owned one before. Let us know how it performs.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Graham.

[QUOTE=Vrajbasi;1085932]
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post

The white/light grey facia was quite early there were two later versions than this. I remember my first voyd was a white facia version cost me £700 brand new in those days from a dealership called sound room in south london. I remember the excitement to get the unit home with a cylene and a IO. I had impulse H1 loudspeakers back then with massive ear 549 amps John sherne who later made his own amps sold them to me he was working for EAR back then.
    I remember Gary Burley,did a PX deal with him for a swap for my Valdi to a Voyd Cyalene set up,will never forget him delivering my H2's dressed in a full dinner suit,strange fellow.

Good to hear people still enjoy Voyd's after all these years.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Neil.

[QUOTE=GJO;1086024]

I remember Gary Burley,did a PX deal with him for a swap for my Valdi to a Voyd Cyalene set up,will never forget him delivering my H2's dressed in a full dinner suit,strange fellow.

John was a real character, and his products were nice.
    Regards Neil

I'm Nari.

[QUOTE=GJO;1086024]

I remember the full dinner suit Gary was great to deal with and a real character indeed, did ellis his so called engineer set up your Voyd?. I remember the koi carp gary used to keep. I purchased a 3 voyd's of gary in the end and a Voyd reference. I remember he sold a huge system(for those days) to a guy by the name of dr sampson who featured in Hifi choice, the system featured the most amazing EAR preamp ever the very very rare g52 with 52 valves it was a monster gary was the only one in the world to sell one. Ear used to make real crazy bespoke esoteric products back then.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Take your time setting up, but you probably know that anyway as I think you’ve owned one before. Let us know how it performs.
    Set up is crucial, I always liked the light harmonix record clamp on the voyd I tried so so many and found this one just sounded right never liked the still point one on the voyd too vibrant and seemed to make the treble harsh.

I'm Graham.

[QUOTE=Vrajbasi;1086040]
    Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post

I remember the full dinner suit Gary was great to deal with and a real character indeed, did ellis his so called engineer set up your Voyd?. I remember the koi carp gary used to keep. I purchased a 3 voyd's of gary in the end and a Voyd reference. I remember he sold a huge system(for those days) to a guy by the name of dr sampson who featured in Hifi choice, the system featured the most amazing EAR preamp ever the very very rare g52 with 52 valves it was a monster gary was the only one in the world to sell one. Ear used to make real crazy bespoke esoteric products back then.
    Ah yes I guess it would have been Ellis,he was pretty useless,watching him trying to fit the two belts was comical,it would have been about the same time as the monster EAR pre,from memory it was a blingy gold colour.I used 519s with my H2's and did try an EAR 802 to replace my PS audio 4.6,but settled on a Finestra as it had a better phono stage.

I think my Voyd was used in the Hi Fi answers review as it had loads of sticky bits of foil added by the reviewer.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

[QUOTE=Vrajbasi;1086040]
    Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post

I still have my copy of that hifi choice with Dr Sampsons system, it also has a full review of a Voyd. 5 reference, cyalene and IO by John Bamford. 1989.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

[QUOTE=chris@panteg;1086062]

I still have my copy of that hifi choice with Dr Sampsons system, it also has a full review of a Voyd. 5 reference, cyalene and IO by John Bamford. 1989.
    I would love to see that issue I heard the system and it was pretty interesting back then, what turntable was he using that time? I heard it with the rock reference and previously a voyd reference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast