+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Carsten.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I think your confused I purchased mine from Henrik, the other chap got his from someone else in UK I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your correct
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

A really good positive update, my friend John brought round his voyd psu and it works perfectly sounding magnificent.
    It really was a treat, I'd forgotten just how good these decks are, played a few albums of pop then a Mozart clarinet concerto K622.

It sounded fabulous, so it's just the psu that needs attention.
    Oh and it looks so good too in the rich mahogany, can't wait to get it sorted now.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    A really good positive update, my friend John brought round his voyd psu and it works perfectly sounding magnificent.
    It really was a treat, I'd forgotten just how good these decks are, played a few albums of pop then a Mozart clarinet concerto K622.

Oh and it looks so good too in the rich mahogany, can't wait to get it sorted now.
    Good news
    Regards Neil

I'm Nari.

Great to here, should not be too difficult to get it sorted. When buying older gear one always expects this sort of thing. The voyd is a great buy when you look at one has to spend on a decent deck new these days. I have just agreed a purchase of a audio note version of a Voyd reference just to add to the collection going to get it today and will mount a 9" glanz to start off with have a few arms knocking around.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    Great to here, should not be too difficult to get it sorted. When buying older gear one always expects this sort of thing. The voyd is a great buy when you look at one has to spend on a decent deck new these days. I have just agreed a purchase of a audio note version of a Voyd reference just to add to the collection going to get it today and will mount a 9" glanz to start off with have a few arms knocking around.
    Wow, a reference with a Glanz, that will sound a bit special, Pete, I should coco has an Audionote Reference version of the Voyd.
    Chris

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Good news
    Thanks, I was hoping it would be just the psu, I was pretty confident that the motors were fine.
    Chris

I'm Adrian.

That's really good news Chris, hopefully the fix for the PSU will not be too much and you will be all set.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    The voyd is a great buy when you look at one has to spend on a decent deck new these days. I have just agreed a purchase of a audio note version of a Voyd reference just to add to the collection going to get it today and will mount a 9" glanz to start off with have a few arms knocking around.
    sounds like I may have started something here.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    That's really good news Chris, hopefully the fix for the PSU will not be too much and you will be all set.
    Thanks and yes it was a joy to listen to this morning, I'm going to ask Simon of SJS to do the work on the psu.
    Chris

I'm Nari.

I now have the Audio Note reference set up, I already own a Voyd reference which has been stored away just wanted to compare both as a matter of education. The Audio Note reference is nice not the last word in power and scale but I have plenty of other deck that pip it. The midrange is fantastic and works amazing with the glanz. I like owing more than one deck because each one has there own charm. Compared to my EMT 927 the Audio Note does is not as free flowing from what I am hearing and the bass is not as controlled but the midrange has greater texture with superb integration with the treble which lovely. I will continue to listen. I have 6 decks set up currently and love them all.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast