+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Graham.

I found RDC cones to work rather well.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I cleaned the motor pulleys yesterday, I just turned them on and used some duraglit, then run a cloth to buff up and they now look very shiny.
    Fitted a brand new belt and it's made a difference.
    It's really tightened things up, that slight pitch deviation has gone.
    It seemed easier to fit the belt too.

It's sounding very fine indeed, I think I will in the not too distant future try a different cartridge, I'm thinking at the moment to get the Hana SL.

Thinking about trying different feet and removing the baseboard, my previous Voyd. 5 didn't have a base and it was fitted with Michell tenderfeet, don't know if they were ideal to be honest, something to think about.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    I cleaned the motor pulleys yesterday, I just turned them on and used some duraglit, then run a cloth to buff up and they now look very shiny.
    Chris that sounds like a VIZ Top Tip.

Enjoy your Void.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Fitted a brand new belt and it's made a difference.
    It's really tightened things up, that slight pitch deviation has gone.
    It seemed easier to fit the belt too.

It's sounding very fine indeed, I think I will in the not too distant future try a different cartridge, I'm thinking at the moment to get the Hana SL.

Thinking about trying different feet and removing the baseboard, my previous Voyd. 5 didn't have a base and it was fitted with Michell tenderfeet, don't know if they were ideal to be honest, something to think about.
    Hi Chris

I have removed the baseboard and fitted 25mm sorbothane feet one each corner attached with thin double sided carpet tape, the result is better soundstage definition and more control at the bottom end.

You could also try these, Mr SJS said that he used inexpensive inverted brass spikes into the plinth and that he found that best:-

3Set-hifi-28mm-Speaker-Spike-Stand-Amp-Isolation-feet-Base-brass-spikes

or ebony ones, which has a very good damping properties and is often used for tonearm mounting boards

HIFI-Ebony-Wood-Speaker-Spike-Isolation-Stand-CD-Amp-Feet-

I have tried a Hana SL and found it to be extremely good, similar in sound to a Benz Micro Wood S but quieter in the groove, I also tried a Phasemation PP-300 (from Hugo at Ammonite Audio) I have to say that for the £1345 this is a superb cartridge and great VFM, great soundstage and lots of detail and control, and quiet in the groove. Would be worth borrowing Hugo's demo SL. I ended up buying a Benz Micro LP-S from Hendrick at Lyprodukter for an excellent price which is another step up, he offers a money back guarantee if you are not happy, PM me if your interested. The LP-S is superb detailed cartridge, and does not colour the music IMO.

Let me know how you get on with your isolation experiments.

Cheers

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Neil.

Back in the day, I ran my Valdi sans base board and supported by small Michell Tender Feet, I replaced those with brass cones, but I can't recall who made them. However the biggest upgrade was moving from a Target TT wall shelf to a three legged Rata Torlyte turntable floor stand.

Setting the Valdi on that was transformative regarding the sound. Well worth looking out for one. I sold mine to the same loser I sold my ET2 arm to, who was to sell it back to me, if he was to sell it. Guess what, he didn't.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adrian.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep and eye out for one.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hi Chris

I have removed the baseboard and fitted 25mm sorbothane feet one each corner attached with thin double sided carpet tape, the result is better soundstage definition and more control at the bottom end.

You could also try these, Mr SJS said that he used inexpensive inverted brass spikes into the plinth and that he found that best:-

3Set-hifi-28mm-Speaker-Spike-Stand-Amp-Isolation-feet-Base-brass-spikes

or ebony ones, which has a very good damping properties and is often used for tonearm mounting boards

HIFI-Ebony-Wood-Speaker-Spike-Isolation-Stand-CD-Amp-Feet-

I have tried a Hana SL and found it to be extremely good, similar in sound to a Benz Micro Wood S but quieter in the groove, I also tried a Phasemation PP-300 (from Hugo at Ammonite Audio) I have to say that for the £1345 this is a superb cartridge and great VFM, great soundstage and lots of detail and control, and quiet in the groove. Would be worth borrowing Hugo's demo SL. I ended up buying a Benz Micro LP-S from Hendrick at Lyprodukter for an excellent price which is another step up, he offers a money back guarantee if you are not happy, PM me if your interested. The LP-S is superb detailed cartridge, and does not colour the music IMO.

Let me know how you get on with your isolation experiments.

Cheers

Adrian
    Thanks, those look very nice.
    Chris

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Back in the day, I ran my Valdi sans base board and supported by small Michell Tender Feet, I replaced those with brass cones, but I can't recall who made them. However the biggest upgrade was moving from a Target TT wall shelf to a three legged Rata Torlyte turntable floor stand.

Setting the Valdi on that was transformative regarding the sound. Well worth looking out for one. I sold mine to the same loser I sold my ET2 arm to, who was to sell it back to me, if he was to sell it. Guess what, he didn't.
    My friend John has one those, it's the best support for a voyd, really makes it sing.
    Zero energy storage.
    Chris

I'm Martin.

Well after an awful delay and much dicking about my Valdi is set, levelled and the AN arm 1 V2 installed and set up. Much swearing at the stiffness of the armlead but finally........

But I still cannot get the belt on....I've tried wire string and elastic bands
    Any advice or an expert in the Midlands area??
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adrian.

Default Into the Voyd and back again

I cannot remember if the valdi is 1 2 or 3 motor drive but I used this method on 3 motor drive Voyd. Get small Allen keys or similar, you need one for each motor.

Put platter on soft cloth upside down, fit drive belt on inner ring of platter. At a motor point catch the rubber belt with short length of Allen key pull it to the out edge stretching band and then using cello tape fix the Allen key in positioning keeping the band hard against outer edge. Note I found wrapping the Allen key tightly with insulation tape gave the cellotape something to grip.

Once all points done for each motor pulley carefully lift platter into position and then one by one release the Allen keys and remove the cellotape, when doing this try to not move the platter.

Once you have done it a few times it will be easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast