+ Reply to Thread

Thread: London calling...

I'm Tim.

Default London calling...

Hi there
    Now my kids are old enough not to wreck my hifi, it’s now back in the open and after 15 years or so I’m getting a lot of pleasure listening to music properly again. I enjoy classical and choral music, along with rock, blues and jazz. I’ve been able to introduce my teenagers to some of my favourite music from back in the day, which is great.
    My music system is
    Cymbol CDP6
    Cymbol CDAP1
    Cymbol CA3
    Cymbol CPA3
    B&W 603 S2
    I have a parallel AV system for Blu-ray and screen:
    Arcam AVR400
    B&W 600
    B&W ss6
    Our newly renovated house in NW London means this is all in a much larger space (8 x 10m) so am thinking about possible speaker upgrade plus streaming options. I am also thinking about trying to get another CPA3 power amp to introduce bi amp options. Hence joining the forum...
    Thanks
    Tim

I'm Grant.

Welcome to aos Tim. Sounds like you have some catching up to do music wise.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tim. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure members can give opinions on bi-amping, just ask any questions you may have in the Blank Canvas section.

There's a lot going on here, so feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm brian.

Hi Tim and welcome, another walker on the Heath ?. If youv e grabbed 8x10m for audio room thats excellent especially in nw location . Enjoy

I'm Martin.

Hi Tim welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Welcome to AOS. Never heard of that make 'Cymbol' before.

Have fun!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Tim.

I’m trying not very successfully to load a photo of the Cymbols to my profile so people who haven’t come across them can see them. I’m extremely fond of them sonically and aesthetically...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Tim to AOS from another NW London resident. Jealous of room size I have to admit. I have to manage with 4m x 4m.
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread