+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The donkey's set up

I'm Chris.

I was looking at my setup last night in some dim orange light and thinking "yeah that looks pretty good" . . . .

then Wayne comes along with something like this

Seriously thought that is one of the nicest I've seen.

Even "err indoors" wouldn't have a hard time assimilating that into our lounge.

I'm Wayne.

Pic of Pioneer M-Z1a power amps, and Avantgarde Uno Fino horn.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Pic of Pioneer M-Z1a power amps, and Avantgarde Uno Fino horn.

You've got some lovely gear, mate.

The Pioneers, are they *that* good?

I'm Grant.

rare beasts those
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You've got some lovely gear, mate.

The Pioneers, are they *that* good?
    Thanks Ollie.

Erm, yes the Pioneers are that good, they are a phenomenal cost no object design that knock out 60w per channel in class A (so double as room heaters!). Thing is with speakers at 104db they rarely get over 0.3w in my small listening room!

They weren't cheap either in 1980-84 - http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-M-Z1.html

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    rare beasts those
    Indeed. I've managed to get one of the H-Z1 MC head amps, but now searching for the last piece of the jigsaw, the C-Z1a preamp.

I'm Grant.

Thanks Ollie.

Erm, yes the Pioneers are that good, they are a phenomenal cost no object design that knock out 60w per channel in class A (so double as room heaters!). Thing is with speakers at 104db they rarely get over 0.3w in my small listening room!

They weren't cheap either in 1980-84 - http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-M-Z1.html
    yup, about $6k a pair getting on for 40 years ago
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Thanks Ollie.

Sweet Christmas!!! They are not cheap at all lol

They look fantastic inside.

I'm Martin.

Wow that is some wonderful kit
    You must also have a most understanding other half.................!
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Phil.

Wink