+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The donkey's set up

I'm Wayne.

On the hunt now to find a cartridge that matches well with the low mass Bergmann tonearm, and my own taste and preference. I originally fancied trying a Miyajima but I'm not convinced that they will work on that arm.

Currently trying out a Phasemation PP-300 to get a better idea of the house sound. Based on this I'd be thinking about a PP-1000/2000. Couple of days in and am really impressed with the lovely open sound of the PP-300.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    On the hunt now to find a cartridge that matches well with the low mass Bergmann tonearm, and my own taste and preference. I originally fancied trying a Miyajima but I'm not convinced that they will work on that arm.

Currently trying out a Phasemation PP-300 to get a better idea of the house sound. Based on this I'd be thinking about a PP-1000/2000. Couple of days in and am really impressed with the lovely open sound of the PP-300.

Deeply intrigued by their lineup.

Whatever works for you is the right choice.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Wayne.

Very impressed, have just kept putting one record on after another and it keeps sounding better.

I'm Adrian.

If you haven't done so already have a chat with Hugo about Phasemation cartridges, he can give you some good advice on the different ones. I did try the PP-300 and was very impressed, but went for the Benz Micro in the end as I got a great deal, if not I would have plumped for the PP-500.

Enjoy you listening.
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound

Voyd the Voyd (slightly modified), SME IV arm(special build virtually a V) and JELCO TK850M(10"), Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Meridian 508 CD to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart SE speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Very impressed, have just kept putting one record on after another and it keeps sounding better.
    Always a good sign. I love those pieces that glue you to the chair and keep you listening for hours on end. There aren't that many bits that do that.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    If you haven't done so already have a chat with Hugo about Phasemation cartridges, he can give you some good advice on the different ones. I did try the PP-300 and was very impressed, but went for the Benz Micro in the end as I got a great deal, if not I would have plumped for the PP-500.

Enjoy you listening.
    This is Hugo's demo cart he has kindly loaned me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011