+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanity plates (car registrations)

I'm Mike.

Photographer friend of mine has C2 NEG

I'm Steve.

Not quite the same as private plates, but remember those little triangular name signs that folk sometimes had on their desks? Well I once heard about a boke who changed his name by deed poll to 'Toblerone' so he could put that on his desk.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Also slightly away from topic, I wonder how much the BBC had to pay to get a personalised post code and text number? Radio 1's post code was (and maybe still is) W1N 4DJ. Surely not by happy chance. And Radio 2 had a text number 88291.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Ian.

There used to be a pest control company where I used to live, they had a van with the number plate ANT 54T......ants for tea, quite liked that one.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Adam.

I always fancied P155OFF but for decency reasons they apparently never released any ‘P15’ or ‘P155’ plates!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I always fancied P155OFF but for decency reasons they apparently never released any ‘P15’ or ‘P155’ plates!
    Shame though...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    or TO55 either...TO55 POT
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

I did read once...in very very small print on the rear number plate of a motor bike under the reg no....I had to squint to read it....I smiled..it read "fuck you I'm off"
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I did read once...in very very small print on the rear number plate of a motor bike under the reg no....I had to squint to read it....I smiled..it read "fuck you I'm off"
    That's what bikes do to you...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

The text under the plate of my previous fireblade read: "You're ugly...and your mum dresses you funny". Came with the bike and I've no idea what it was about, but it did raise a few smiles. My current blade has a background pic of Bart baring his arse. Not strictly legal, but I've never been stopped for it.

I did once consider buying a plate that read STE 600 from someone local, but when I found he wanted 700 quid for it I decided I wasn't that desperate. Wonder if it might have increased in value over the intervening 15 years?

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast