+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanity plates (car registrations)

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckletheuncivil View Post
    Ill have first guess BE06 RAM ?
    BE08 LOK
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm openingabottleofwine.

My late father once bought a Daimler V8 car which happened to have the reg: 1 RHW. Those weren't his initials but he retained the number plate for successive cars as it was easy to remember. He was offered a relative fortune for it by someone who's intitials were RHW, but declined.

I can understand the vanity of those seeking plates containing the initials of the owner, especially if it is preceded, or followed with a "1", but plates which supposedly spell out a name or message are IMO naff.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-05-2019 at 19:10. Reason: correction
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I will get a private plate someday... It will contain: TOG..... it's a long story...

Not for any vanity reason though it would just make me smile.. that's all...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

TOG - "Terry's Old Geezers".

Now we know what you listened to on the daily commute.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Oh I dont know. I wouldnt mind my initials followed by 1 until I saw the general price that would cost. I dont think its available anyway.

Its a status symbol and I only think it gets naff when they try and spell the name of something using letters and numbers.

so I think the point Im trying to make is if it can be tastefully done when some would say the whole thing is a bit tasteless.

I suppose you are likely to get a bit of attitude from them in a road rage incident...Do you know who I am.

I knew someone would come up with that... but no it's not that...

TOG actually comes from the 60's childrens program Pogles' Wood ... here's a pic of TOG...:

TOG's on the left...

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

A skinned bunny
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Patrick.

A mate of mine once had 21 DLE. I quite liked that.

Given the prevalence of selfish, discourteous and just plain bad drivers, the obvious personalised plate to go for is FU 2.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Given the prevalence of selfish, discourteous and just plain bad drivers, the obvious personalised plate to go for is FU 2.

So true..
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast