+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audirvana in its latest Form (Mac)

I'm Paul.

Default Audirvana in its latest Form (Mac)

Is it me or is AV in its current guise a bit of a pig to use? (I'm using it straight off my macbook)

Menus don't seem as intuitive and I'm having a few issues with playback quality (but that could well be Volumio related as reported by Grant and a few others)

I still love what it does just not sure about its current gui.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Wayne.

Same here.... Defo prefer the older layout... Much more straightforward without the jazzy layout

I'm Matt.

Yep, me too. Change for change sake? Doesn’t sound any better to me so far, despite some very positive reviews on other forums. Additionally, now I seem to have several albums split into 2, with the majority of tracks on one, & 3 or 4 other tracks on the other. Very frustrating as previously I was content with everything.
    Hopefully there’ll be an update soon to improve it, otherwise I will have to revert to an older version.

I'm Justin.

I tried the Windows 64 bit version last night.

Don't go there. It's pathetic. It's loaded with bugs. It didn't even get through two tracks without mega problems.

I'm inactive.

Really glad I haven't updated from my old version then (and saved some cash .... )

I'm Matt.

I've tried 3 times to migrate to the latest MAC version, without success. Glitches, Library being partly lost &/or duplicated into multiple albums, each with 3 or 4 tracks on. Tried to get a solution without success. I guess its all down to metadata, but thats the limit of my tech knowledge.
    In frustration, I trialled Roon. Bloody hell, what a joy to use. Downloaded it & sync'd my library in very little time. Its so slick & professional. Makes AV+ look incredibly amateur. Yes, its bloomin' expensive, but after the 2 week trial period, there was no way I was going back to AV+. And I say that as someone who has used AV+ for several years, as well as trying Pure music, Ammara etc.

+ Reply to Thread