+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New registration from New Zealand

Logan Guest

Default New registration from New Zealand

I am told I need to introduce myself in this sub-forum before I am permitted to indulge in the other delights of being a member. So ....

My name is James and I spend most of my time in Auckland, New Zealand. My gear was acquired using the policy of buying NZ-made, all other things being equal, so you probably won't have heard very much if anything about the brands. Plinius anyone? I do have a Michell Gyro SE to play the vinyl that occupies 95% of my listening time, and an Arcam CD193 to deal with the rest.

I have listened to nothing but classical music since I was about 15, so that places me in a minority here I believe. Orchestral and operatic music from Beethoven onwards mainly, with lots of Mahler, Bruckner, Richard Strauss, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Britten, Vaughan Williams, Janacek, Verdi, Puccini, and Wagner.

I am Scottish by ethnicity but many of my Highland clan were removed in the 18th and 19th century Clearances. Most of those who survived that and WW I later departed voluntarily and there are more clan member names in the Auckland phone book than in the Highlands phone book. Nevertheless I usually spend the (northern) summer months of my leisurely retirement in the UK, and I usually time my visits to coincide with either or both of the London Proms and the Edinburgh Festival. Note that summer in Scotland is the Oxymoron of the Century.

Is that enough? Am I in?

I'm Chris.

Hi James
    Welcome to the forum

I'm Geoff.

Hello James. Welcome to AOS.

Yes, we know about Plinius, a well respected brand. Sounds like you have a nice system.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Carl.

Hello fellow antipodian with a Gyrodec!
    I'm in the process of bringing my system back up to working order. I look forward to hearing about your system.
    Cheers,
    Carl

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS James,

Yes, we have heard of Plinius, though know little about the marque.

Don't be shy about loving classical music, there are plenty of Members here who do (me included).

I'll leave you to debate the finer points of Calidonian weather with those 'North of the Border', who will be more qualified to answer.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread