+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Redbeard bearing for Garrard 401

Default Redbeard bearing for Garrard 401

I had this bearing commissioned for my 401 twin arm plinth, It was the one from the top of the specs as it was eye wateringly expensive (about £2800 as I remember) it is beautifully built with Lignum Vitae wood used so semi self lubricating. Its almost to pretty to hide under a platter and needs to be seen to appreciate the looks I think.

I would like to get as close to £1000 as possible but open to sensible offers.

Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

Bumpety bump and price drop to £600
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm Michael.

Lignum Vitae was the material used to line the stern tubes for propeller shafts on large ships so a very special material.
    Think it’s also the hardest wood known.
    Just reliving my past when I owned a 401 andI also fitted propeller shafts in my younger days. Good luck with the sale, looks a fine piece of engineering.
    Last edited by mikegreenwood; 02-05-2019 at 18:00.

I'm Matt.

Lignum Vitae is what a large proportion of vintage bowling balls are made of
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Grail View Post
    Lignum Vitae is what a large proportion of vintage bowling balls are made of
    And it's a bugger to get anything more than a thrust pad out of them

Going off topic, Jeremy was my childhood neighbour, wonder where he is now ...

I'm Nigel.

This is a fantastic bearing. I have seen it close up and listened to it many times when Nick had his 401.
    This a true bargain tbh and someone needs to buy it, puts the 401 into another league.

Thanks Nigel, can't understand the reluctance really you won't find a better bearing at this price.....
    Nick

I'm Stuart.

PM sent

Now sold
    Nick

+ Reply to Thread