+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New joiner

I'm Pablo.

Default New joiner

Hi! I moved from Spain to London few months ago. I am in the process of rebuilding my HI-FI equipment and I have seen some nice equipment for sale in this board so I decided to join. Hope to be able to make good deals here and learn more about anything related to HI-FI gear. :-)

I'm Steve.

Good morning Pablo, and welcome to AoS!

Plenty of good advice on here, and nice equipment sold by nice people

Steve
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Martin.

Hi Pablo. Welcome to the forum.

Agree there are some silly bargains here at the moment. You may want to make a few more posts as you will need 5 before you can send and receive private messages.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by dez View Post
    Hi! I moved from Spain to London few months ago. I am in the process of rebuilding my HI-FI equipment and I have seen some nice equipment for sale in this board so I decided to join. Hope to be able to make good deals here and learn more about anything related to HI-FI gear. :-)
    Hi Dez

Welcome to the forum. I've been having a big sell off of my hifi and still have some stuff left to go. If you tell me what you like (vintage/modern, price?) and what sort of music you listen to, I can tell you if I have anything suitable. Some of it's up north but I should be able to get it down here for you. I live in North London, whereabouts are you?

Thanks, Lawrence

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm Pablo.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will follow the different advises.

@Lawrence001, I am based in East London, almost central.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by dez View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I will follow the different advises.

@Lawrence001, I am based in East London, almost central.
    Thanks can't PM you yet as you don't have enough posts.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Pablo.

Actually, the setup I want is pretty narrowed down. I already own some PMC FB1+ speakers I recently bought. Would like to join them with a tube amplifier and a turntable, because I only listen to vinyl records lately. A pretty basic setup but trying to get as much high end as my wallet allows it.

For the tube amp I personally like the design and characteristics of Dared Uranus, even a Dared Saturn could work but would need to get a preamp (not a big deal, but the setup won't be as simpler as I wanted). Also checked the Dynavox VR70 models. McIntosh MC275 would be a white whale...

Then for the turntable side, a mid-high Pro-ject could work very well with what I am looking for.

Any recommendations of brands I might have not heard of?

I'm Raphael.

Hi Pablo,

Welcome to AoS.

I have tried to respond to your PM but you need two more posts before my response can get through to you.

Turntable still available and actually quite close to you.

+ Reply to Thread