+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Morcheeba - Big Calm

I'm Shaun.

Default Morcheeba - Big Calm

Oh my word, having played this to near death back in 1997 I have just dug it out for a spin. I recently disposed of my vinyl collection so was glad I also had this on CD and am I pleased to rediscover it. Power amp in triode mode with a bit of bottom end from the sub, bloody sublime music. Lights out, just a glow from the street and the valves and pure, stunning music of a very high calibre. In fact this album made me also dig out the first two Zero 7 albums as well. Total chillout...

I'm Justin.

Who can you trust?

I'm Steve.

I've got one called 'The Platinum Collection' which I will have gotten cheap and have never played. Maybe I should give it a go.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Yes , was a big fan in the 90s , also recently streamed big calm sounded as good as ever.

I saw them playing a festival one year with much of this album as material they were bloody marvellous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Good call! Been looking for something a little different from my normal preference. Have it streaming through the hifi right now.
    ~Paul~

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Been a big fan since they started. I think their 4th album Charrango is my favourite. I didn't like it when Skye (the singer) was "ousted" so I see The Antidote and Dive Deep as not really Morcheeba, but still good albums (especially the two Judy Tzuke tracks on Dive Deep.) They were on at Glastonbury last night, but not been able to find any clips online yet.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Justin.

The only one I really like is post #2.

The Glasto coverage this year just sucks. Dreadful yesterday especially iPlayer just not working properly.

+ Reply to Thread