+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aldous Harding - Designer

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    We had 2 copies of vinyl delivered on day of issue. Very quiet pressing with no issues and very well recorded/mastered.
    Were they black vinyl or the 'limited edition' gold?

Have just received on of the latter and it's really noisy; the music is good though.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Were they black vinyl or the 'limited edition' gold?

Have just received on of the latter and it's really noisy; the music is good though.
    Black vinyl. I had a feeling the Gold maybe a little noisy.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Rich.

Black vinyl. I had a feeling the Gold maybe a little noisy.
    I went for the black version too, I am not a fan of coloured vinyl. I'm not sure if it's all in my mind but I do think black sounds better.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I went for the black version too, I am not a fan of coloured vinyl. I'm not sure if it's all in my mind but I do think black sounds better.
    Some coloured vinyl can contribute to poor sound quality although I had some completely Transparent vinyl the other day ( Jean Michele Jarre - Oxygene 3) and it sounded superb.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Rich.

Some coloured vinyl can contribute to poor sound quality although I had some completely Transparent vinyl the other day ( Jean Michele Jarre - Oxygene 3) and it sounded superb.
    I always find it harder to see what sort of condition coloured vinyl is in too, I have a few marbled effect records and they are impossible to look at in any detail.

The only clear vinyl I ever remember owning was Paranoid by the Dickies on 7", that was a long time ago and can't recall at all how it sounded. I have no idea as to why I even bought it. Jean Michele Jarre is definitely something you would want to have sounding as quiet and crisp as possible.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

Ive lots of coloured Vinyl; clear being the best on all counts, bar Black of course.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Patrick.

I would never choose coloured vinyl over black, but sometimes you don't really get the choice and gold was what was in stock. I will return it and wait for black ...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The addition of carbon black to PVC helps discharge the build up of static during record replay. Originally it was added to shellac of the old '78s' to add strength, and (some say) to disguise blemishes and flaws during pressing.

IMO it is much easier to cue a record if it is black coloured; and despite their, rarity would never consider seeking out an LP that was not black.
    Barry

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    I would never choose coloured vinyl over black, but sometimes you don't really get the choice and gold was what was in stock. I will return it and wait for black ...
    Unfortunately that is often the case, I'm always disappointed to discover an album is only available on coloured vinyl.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    Unfortunately that is often the case, I'm always disappointed to discover an album is only available on coloured vinyl.
    Have you ordered "Party" yet Rich?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast