+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aldous Harding - Designer

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Is she for real or is the video a spoof
    She inhabits her own universe.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    She inhabits her own universe.
    I'm glad this was not the first I saw of her, I find it very hard to watch. I just don't 'get it' I guess.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqnUL7HGvZ0

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I'm glad this was not the first I saw of her, I find it very hard to watch. I just don't 'get it' I guess.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqnUL7HGvZ0
    You have to remember it is just a performance.

This is what she is really like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhy_czq8z0Y
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    You have to remember it is just a performance.

This is what she is really like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhy_czq8z0Y
    She presents herself very well in that interview, down to earth and self aware.

I don't think I have ever come across an artist that has polarised my interest so dramatically before. I knew nothing of her until you started this thread, since then I have listened to her on different mediums everyday. I find her music hypnotically engrossing, it's among the most rewarding and addictive I have ever heard. And yet her imagery and performances leave me reaching for the off button. Realistically, I have to admit that I appreciate what she does visually as an artist, I just don't like it.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    She presents herself very well in that interview, down to earth and self aware.

I don't think I have ever come across an artist that has polarised my interest so dramatically before. I knew nothing of her until you started this thread, since then I have listened to her on different mediums everyday. I find her music hypnotically engrossing, it's among the most rewarding and addictive I have ever heard. And yet her imagery and performances leave me reaching for the off button. Realistically, I have to admit that I appreciate what she does visually as an artist, I just don't like it.
    When I first showed a video of her to my partner Helen she said she never wanted to hear her in the house. After buying Party she is totally addicted and there is hardly a week that goes past when she doesn't ask to hear it. Now designer has come along we start the journey again.
    Yes her live performance in early days was a bit unsettling but it is as she has said herself just a performance.

Her music is addictive and transcends genres and captures not only you heart , soul and brain but has another dimension that I have never experienced by another artist. She is a genius and mesmerises you with her vocal and minimalistic ability with music.

I am glad you like the music just keep away from the videos.

If you have not got Party then you need to buy it on vinyl - Listen to" Swell does the skull". The recording is beyond audiophile and done on analogue tape I believe. Her voice is fabulous and haunting!

I'm Simon.

Thanks Rich for the download code, can't wait to see her in couple of weeks time in Manchester will be very special.
    Cheers
    Simon

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Thanks Rich for the download code, can't wait to see her in couple of weeks time in Manchester will be very special.
    Cheers
    Simon
    I have to wait till November unfortunately but hopefully I will see her play a few new tracks.

She wrote most of 'Designer' whilst touring last year I believe and played a number of the tracks whilst touring with 'Party.'

Let me know how the Manchester Gig goes.

I'm James.

Excellent interview and 2 very high quality videos of Aldous singing Treasure and the Barrel.

http://www.wfuv.org/content/aldous-harding-2019

I'm jamie.

i should get my copy of designer tomorrow,if i get a download code i'll post it up
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    i should get my copy of designer tomorrow,if i get a download code i'll post it up
    We had 2 copies of vinyl delivered on day of issue. Very quiet pressing with no issues and very well recorded/mastered. Party still has the edge though.

Hope you enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast