+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aldous Harding - Designer

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Have you ordered "Party" yet Rich?
    No, but it is on my to do list

I'm going to put a Juno order in shortly and it will be part of that.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Grant.

i gave juno the heave after their lack of interest in a record that went missing. They were more interested in making sure they were reinbursed first before i got another copy. I told them to shove it.. shocked by their behaviour actually as i used them a lot.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i gave juno the heave after their lack of interest in a record that went missing. They were more interested in making sure they were reinbursed first before i got another copy. I told them to shove it.. shocked by their behaviour actually as i used them a lot.
    Sorry to hear that, that doesn't sound great. I used to order a lot of my vinyl from them on eBay, then discovered their site and ordered directly from there. I've put a couple of biggish orders in (£200-300) and a few orders for just one or two pieces. The only issue I had was 2 of a big order were warped, I sent them back and they refunded the postage cost on top. I think I'd be put off by lacklustre customer service too if I was unfortunate enough to experience it.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm jamie.

me too,i use juno and have had no problems with them,the orders always arrive quickly too.
    back to 'designer',hmm its a bit more laid back than party but its growing on me.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Deleted.

I was listening to this album yesterday evening. It's certainly very different to her first offering, much more light hearted and 'up beat' - but I still like it .

I also have the coloured (gold?) edition and a couple of friends had warned me that their copies were very noisy (I think someone said the same earlier in this thread?). Anyway, my copy isn't noisy as such, there aren't pops and crackles for example. However, there is a weird distortion that starts after the second track and lasts until side two (which is fine). The actual sound is a very quiet echo of the last line sung (quite clearly, but very quiet), from the left speaker, that sounds distorted - a bit like tape print through but with distortion added. Does anybody else get this?
    Account Deleted

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I was listening to this album yesterday evening. It's certainly very different to her first offering, much more light hearted and 'up beat' - but I still like it .

I also have the coloured (gold?) edition and a couple of friends had warned me that their copies were very noisy (I think someone said the same earlier in this thread?). Anyway, my copy isn't noisy as such, there aren't pops and crackles for example. However, there is a weird distortion that starts after the second track and lasts until side two (which is fine). The actual sound is a very quiet echo of the last line sung (quite clearly, but very quiet), from the left speaker, that sounds distorted - a bit like tape print through but with distortion added. Does anybody else get this?
    Nothing like this on the black vinyl version. We have two copies and both silent.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Deleted.

OK, I've ordered a black copy direct from 4AD.
    Account Deleted

I'm Eamonn.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed by Designer, much preferred the previous two
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Mandeep.

I’m loving this album. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm James.

Last night I eventually got to see Aldous Harding live in Birmingham. She played at the O2 Institute a small venue in downtown Digbeth.

Having toured the globe for the last 8 months she has had time to sharpen up her performance and her nervousness of her first few gigs had disappeared.

So what was she like to witness live. In a word Stunning. Her performance was both magnetic, ethereal, controlled and masterful. Her voice was extraordinary in its range, ability and strength. I have never witnessed in 40 years anyone who could command your attention with such a powerful intensity.

Highlights were "Elation" and her encore "Old Peel"

It was a rather special evening and one I will certainly not forget.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234