+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro 4/3 Camera

I'm James.

Default Micro 4/3 Camera

Can anyone recommend a Micro 4/3 Camera mainly for stills shots and good in low light levels?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

mirrorless small cameras are pretty expensive
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 when they first came out. The quality is superb and the fast lens makes low light performance very good. The 4k video is simply stunning whe played back on a 4k tv or monitor.

It is not cheap but I notice that John Lewis have a £100 cash back offer at present https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm Grant.

i'd got with that size too. they are not quite a 4/3 digital but damn good all the same. Lumix, canon, sony are all very good. Ive got a canon myself now and one before that was a sony...one before that was a lumix so i know they are all good and they mostly just keep making them better every year. my one has wifi too so i can upload them straight to ipad etc. Think the sony took a better pic tho.
    Good 4/3 mirrorless will cost 3 k
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 when they first came out. The quality is superb and the fast lens makes low light performance very good. The 4k video is simply stunning whe played back on a 4k tv or monitor.

It is not cheap but I notice that John Lewis have a £100 cash back offer at present https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Funny I was looking at the Panasonic Lumix GX80 which is around the same price but the DMC LX100 is very good at the JL price with £100 cash back. At the moment the GX80 is at the top of my list unless anyone can suggest otherwise.
    It is also in the ball park regarding cost.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Funny I was looking at the Panasonic Lumix GX80 which is around the same price but the DMC LX100 is very good at the JL price with £100 cash back. At the moment the GX80 is at the top of my list unless anyone can suggest otherwise.
    It is also in the ball park regarding cost.
    If you do go for a Panasonic then check out these current promotions on some models. I think you have to buy from approved Panasonic dealers, but the rebates are working pursuing.

NB: The double cashback deal expires tomorrow ...

I'm James.

If you do go for a Panasonic then check out these current promotions on some models. I think you have to buy from approved Panasonic dealers, but the rebates are working pursuing.

NB: The double cashback deal expires tomorrow ...
    Thanks Geoff will take a look.

I'm Geoff.

I think the GX80 is a bit smaller but the standard lens is much slower than the (f1.7) LX100. You can swap lenses on the GX80 though.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Can anyone recommend a Micro 4/3 Camera mainly for stills shots and good in low light levels?
    I have used M4/3 cameras since they were launched and have had a few Panasonic models and about an equal number from Olympus. Currently I use an Olympus Digital Pen F - excellent results and a truly versatile performer with great ergonomics (about £900 for body only at the mo - although there are plenty of deals available.) I also have an early OM-D model from them which is ergonomically actually better than the Pen-F. Olympus do a range of cheaper 'Pen' style bodies that are also very good in terms of features. I think most feature WiFi as standard but best check.

For me Olympus trounces the Panasonics I have tried in just about every aspect but chiefly because they use in-body stabilisation (Panasonic put stabilisation in the lens) which means they are accessible for a much wider range of lenses.

Plenty of fast lenses available from both brands but usually limited to primes - zooms are either much slower or very pricy. Also well worth looking out for Voigtlander alternatives, they have been doing good fast M4/3 lenses for some time now.
    Last edited by mikmas; 24-04-2019 at 14:00.

I'm James.

I think the GX80 is a bit smaller but the standard lens is much slower than the (f1.7) LX100. You can swap lenses on the GX80 though.
    I think the LX100 looks the better proposition Geoff. I am in John Lewis today so will take a look. I notice their is a Mk2 coming out, is it worth the extra? Also do you get any dust issues with your LX100?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast