+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Introduction...

I'm Richard.

Default An Introduction...

Hello fellow Art of Sound members!

I'm Richard Trussell and I run Kingscote Audio, which is in the sometimes sunny 'English Riviera' situated on the very eastern edge of Torquay. Kingscote Audio was started last year with the aim of being a bit different to the traditional HiFi dealerships.
    The first thing that makes us different is we are based in our home, where we have a dedicated listening room that has its own access from the parking area outside.
    Other things making us different are that all demonstrations are by appointment, either here at our premises, or in your own home. We offer and encourage free installation of equipment purchased from us (some conditions apply). We spend a lot of time and effort listening to the products we choose to stock and only have products we believe in ourselves. I'm lucky to have a friend who's a HiFi reviewer living nearby so new product listening sessions are frequent! There are a lot of very interesting non-mainstream products in the wider HiFi market place that you won't find in Richer Sounds, Audio T, Sevenoaks HiFi etc and we actively seek these products out to evaluate and potentially stock.

At startup, Kingscote Audio first took on Kerr Acoustics; what a speaker they make! We have the magical K320 floor stander and its a product that always thrills and excites. You must put it on your list to audition if looking for that ultimate speaker at around £4K.
    We added WRS from America, great little bookshelf speakers, really good sound quality for their size. We have the Benchmark DAC and amplifier products, they are very popular for those that like things accurate and 'right', for those that want music that flows naturally we have Harbeth speakers, Quad and Lavardin. Add to that the Primare range and you have a great range to listen to. We also have the compact but huge sounding Brigadiers Audio Mu.2 stand-mount speaker, the best stand to use being those by SolidSteel.
    After the recent Bristol HiFi show we're now demonstrating Audiolab's new integrated 6000A amp with the great value Dali Oberon speakers - this particular combo gives fantastic sound for the pound!
    We also have a fun item, though not cheap, its an audiophile Bluetooth speaker that's rechargeable (8 Hours play time) and waterproof, so take it into the garden, by the pool or next to the hot-tub and enjoy your finest sounds. Quite handy to relax in the bath to too!
    Regarding turntables, we are selling the Mobile Fidelity (MoFi) turntables, superbly good sounding decks! For cabling we have Atlas and Tellurium Q, those two brands are all you need really and they continue to develop great new products on an ongoing basis.

Just this week we've been evaluating GoldNote and Norma products, both from Italy. We like what we hear!

I look forward to helping you to find your perfect system for you.

Best wishes, Richard
    Last edited by RichTruss; 24-04-2019 at 08:40.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Richard, and I like your approach. I'm also a fan of the Kerr Acoustics speakers, which I heard at a hi-fi show a year or so ago. They were extremely impressive for the money, both in build and sound!

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope that your time here is both productive and fun

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Phil.

Wow , that's fantastic. Welcome , as I type this I am 3 mins from the shop . Can't believe I never knew about it before
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Shane.

Great stuff, Richard. I only live 5 min (by car) from your shop. Will love to hear the Audiolab 6000A.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Richard.

Thanks Shane, just give me a call when you’re ready and I’ll book you in. I have the matching CD transport too that works well with the DAC in the 6000A.
    Cheers,

Richard

I'm Richard.

Hi, thanks for your message, you’re welcome to come and have a listen to something of interest to you. Just give me a call, and book yourself in.

Cheers,
    Rich

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by RichTruss View Post
    Hi, thanks for your message, you’re welcome to come and have a listen to something of interest to you. Just give me a call, and book yourself in.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Tip for you, reply to the message by quoting the original message then we'll know who it's for, and they'll probably get a notification to say you replied so will be more likely to follow up

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Tip for you, reply to the message by quoting the original message then we'll know who it's for, and they'll probably get a notification to say you replied so will be more likely to follow up

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your advise, a bit new to this, sussing it out though!

Richard
    Kingscote Audio
    www.kingscoteaudio.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread