+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon DL102 Mono

I'm Adam.

Default Denon DL102 Mono

Having a clear out as raising some funds for other kit.
    Denon DL102 Mono cartridge.

I imported this wonderful cartridge from Japan
    Less than 6 months ago.

It was carefully used before I took custody and I have played probably 20 records on it.

I have Miyajima monos and this simply isn’t being used so best it’s enjoyed by someone who wants to experience a true mono cartridge at a modest price.

As I said it isn’t new but has years left on her.

Here is some blurb and specs.
    This cartridge is a specially designed cartridge to reproduce superior sound from monaurally recorded records. The high output mono signal is designed to work with a standard MM moving magnet input.

The DL-102 is a true monophonic output moving coil cartridge designed for monophonic recordings as well as the monophonic playback of stereo recordings. That’s a great feature of the DL102 !! As most mono cartridges can’t play stereo cuts!

It has been used by commercial broadcasting corporations for many years in the past and has been receiving great reviews for its high performance and sound quality.

Specification
    Type: Moving Coil High Output
    Output voltage -48dBu ±2dB (3.0mV) (1KHz 50mm/S horizontal direction)
    Impedance 240ohms ±20%
    Recommended load Resistance 1Kohm or higher
    Frequency Response 50 ~ 10,000 Hz ± 2dB
    Needle configuration 0.017 mm (0.7 mil) R spherical
    Tracking force 3.0 ± 1g
    Cartridge weight 13 gm

The headshell isn’t included but could work something out of you don’t have one spare.

How about £120 Royal Mail signed for delivered
    I don’t have the original box but it comes with its stylus guard and will be well packed and boxed.
    Which is a bargain as these don’t come up for sale on the forums much.
    Really punches above it’s weight

below are some pics, one of the tip (I tried my best but it’s very difficult with the iphone, but you get the overall jist!)

Hi

Last edited by WESTLOWER; 22-04-2019 at 22:27. Reason: Price altered
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Price amended to reflect lack of original Packaging.

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Bump for a fantastic mono cartridge at a very modest price

I'm Adam.

Friday Mono Bump

I'm Peter.

I've seen and heard this one, and can vouch for it being in immaculate condition. To my ears, it has much the same sonic attributes as the 103, and is very good at minimising surface noise on old records (mono and stereo). Very musical and a bargain.

I'm Adam.

Price reduction to £100 delivered

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Price reduction to £100 delivered
    BUMP

I'm Adam.

SOLD

I'm Rob.

I was the lucky recipient of this cartridge. Adam was a pleasure to purchase from.

I've finally sat down and got it wired into a spare headshell, and it is now in and running on my LP12. The result is just lovely. I can't believe how much better my mono recordings sound. It's as if a veil has been lifted.

One of the things I was hoping to gain from moving to a Phonomac AT-1010 was the ability to easily swap phono cartridges. And the result is it makes things like having a dedicated mono cartridge much simpler to accommodate. I'm a very happy chappy.
    Rob.