+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Black Country

I'm Wayne.

Default Hello from the Black Country

Hi everyone,

My name is Wayne Bull from Tipton in the Black Country, UK.

Been a long time viewer of the forum, specifically the Analogue Art section.

My system consists of an Onkyo A9010 amp, Technics Sl1210 mk2 turntable and Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers.

Nothing spectacular but I love listening to it.

I'm 48 and my music interests have changed dramatically as I've aged.

As a youth all I would listen to was Hip Hop and House music but as I've aged my tastes have progressed to indie music and since I hit my 40s my new love is Jazz.

It's odd because when I was young I just thought Jazz sounded like a row. But age as taught me to appreciate how beautiful and soulful it can be.

A good night out for me used to be out clubbing till some ridiculous hour but now it's lights out on the sofa with a slice of jazz on the platter.

My current preamp is a basic Project Phono box and I'm very much looking to upgrade it.

Any advice on an upgrade would be most welcome as it seems to be a minefield out there for different ones.

I've heard great talk about the firebottle on here but can't find it on Internet.

I'm mostly using mm carts varying from At440mlb to Nagaoka Mp-110 but my current love is for conicals.

Currently using a lowly At3600l which just gives a perfect blend of warmth and detail I like.

Anyway lovely to be here and all the best....

Wayne

I'm John.

Alan (Firebottle) is on here so he can tell you everything you need to know.

Funny you say that with Jazz, I am the same. Been really getting into it lately at age 50. Never thought I would say that in my younger years listening to dancehall reggae.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Wayne.

Thanks for replying.....

Yes, funny what age brings with it isn't it.

I'm currently loving the new Blue Note Tone Poet series.

I'm Gary.

Hi and welcome,

Firebottle is a member on here and must be very close to you.

As far as I know he doesn't advertise.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by MrB71 View Post
    Hi everyone,

My name is Wayne Bull from Tipton in the Black Country, UK.

Been a long time viewer of the forum, specifically the Analogue Art section.

My system consists of an Onkyo A9010 amp, Technics Sl1210 mk2 turntable and Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers.

Nothing spectacular but I love listening to it.

I'm 48 and my music interests have changed dramatically as I've aged.

As a youth all I would listen to was Hip Hop and House music but as I've aged my tastes have progressed to indie music and since I hit my 40s my new love is Jazz.

It's odd because when I was young I just thought Jazz sounded like a row. But age as taught me to appreciate how beautiful and soulful it can be.

A good night out for me used to be out clubbing till some ridiculous hour but now it's lights out on the sofa with a slice of jazz on the platter.

My current preamp is a basic Project Phono box and I'm very much looking to upgrade it.

Any advice on an upgrade would be most welcome as it seems to be a minefield out there for different ones.

I've heard great talk about the firebottle on here but can't find it on Internet.

I'm mostly using mm carts varying from At440mlb to Nagaoka Mp-110 but my current love is for conicals.

Currently using a lowly At3600l which just gives a perfect blend of warmth and detail I like.

Anyway lovely to be here and all the best....

Wayne
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Wayne.

Thanks Gary

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Wayne!

Welcome to AoS.

Any relation to Steve? I bet you get that all the time lol

I'm in Wolverhampton so if you fancy a listen to my system here, give me a shout. Alan's a good guy and helped me massively when I was designing my Phonostage.

Enjoy the forums.

Oliver.

I'm Wayne.

Hi Oliver,

Yes, he's my cousin... Dont see him too much now though with how busy he is.

Appreciate the offer, Thankyou.

Yes I'm a bit unsure about phono stages. I know you can easily tell differences with cart changes but I'm kind of worried about forking out too much on a preamp incase I don't hear a difference.

Thanks for the welcome

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Oliver,

Yes, he's my cousin... Dont see him too much now though with how busy he is.

Appreciate the offer, Thankyou.

Yes I'm a bit unsure about phono stages. I know you can easily tell differences with cart changes but I'm kind of worried about forking out too much on a preamp incase I don't hear a difference.

Thanks for the welcome
    Ha! He's a legend round these parts.

Yes, it's a minefield where phonostages are concerned. My advice is to listen to as many as you can before making any long term decisions.

Get yourself out and about, visiting the fraternity here and listen to what is available. I've got a DIY Valve phonostage here, Alan has Solid-state and Valve and the. There's LCRs by Valab and the like. There's a few of us in the West Midlands area so we have most bases covered between us. We may also do a Bakeoff or Meetup in the summer but I'm waiting for someone else to organise that this year

Its a great adventure and I recommend taking your time and getting as much listening done as possible.

I'm Wayne.

That's great advice, thanks.

All kind of new to me to be honest as I've never been involved in a forum community before and all my friends have zero interest in music.

Would you say good phono stages make a big difference even with low budget gear as my own Oliver?

I'm John.

Thanks for replying.....

Yes, funny what age brings with it isn't it.

I'm currently loving the new Blue Note Tone Poet series.
    Will have a listen out for that, cheers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast