+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Black Country

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrB71 View Post
    That's great advice, thanks.

All kind of new to me to be honest as I've never been involved in a forum community before and all my friends have zero interest in music.

Would you say good phono stages make a big difference even with low budget gear as my own Oliver?
    I think that when you start on the upgrade path, it's a never ending pursuit of getting that "last 10%" out of every piece in the system.

If you're happy with the sound you have, don't start the chase!!!!

Honest, I went as far as designing (with help) my own phonostage so I could get *exactly* what I wanted from vinyl. Its a long, expensive journey.

Trouble is, once you hear that improvement, you cannot go back. So think carefully about listening to ANYONE'S system lol

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I think that when you start on the upgrade path, it's a never ending pursuit of getting that "last 10%" out of every piece in the system.

If you're happy with the sound you have, don't start the chase!!!!

Honest, I went as far as designing (with help) my own phonostage so I could get *exactly* what I wanted from vinyl. Its a long, expensive journey.

Trouble is, once you hear that improvement, you cannot go back. So think carefully about listening to ANYONE'S system lol
    Yes, I believe you on the upgrade advice.

Thing is though, if it keeps us happy that's all that matters.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Alan.

Hi Wayne, a big welcome to the best forum.
    I am also in Tipton so you really need to get around here for some quality sound and unbiased advice.

I will send a PM with my contact details.

I'm Wayne.

Howdy!

Thanks for the welcome

I'm Wayne.

A fellow Tiptonite... Now I feel very welcome.

Cheers

I'm Wayne.

Welcome Wayne, from another Wayne. I’m just down the road a bit near Worcester.

I can highly recommend Alan F from the work he’s done on my Pioneer amps and Technics R2R.

I’ll confess I’m 48 too and used to enjoy electro hip hop in my yoof and now finding some selective jazz is becoming more appealing with age!

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Welcome Wayne, from another Wayne. I’m just down the road a bit near Worcester.

I can highly recommend Alan F from the work he’s done on my Pioneer amps and Technics R2R.

I’ll confess I’m 48 too and used to enjoy electro hip hop in my yoof and now finding some selective jazz is becoming more appealing with age!
    Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm down near Worcester now and again as the in laws live near Hartlebury by the mitre Oak pub.

Must be a Wayne thing with the electro and Jazz.

Yes, Alan has kindly invited me round his to advise on preamps.

Compared to most people's kit here I do feel a bit overwhelmed with my budget gear but would just like to make the most of it with a nice preamp.

Does Alan do other gear then apart from preamps?

I'm looking to get my Sl1210 serviced soon.

All the best

I'm Wayne.

Mitre Oak is not far from me, I live close to Hartlebury Common. Lots of great long country dog walks so it’s a perfect spot for me.

No one’s a gear snob and if they are then ignore them - music always comes first in my book.

I'm Steve.

Welcome to AoS Wayne,

You use the word 'aged' an awful lot for a 48 year old, wish I was 48 again! And I would say your system is far from 'budget', but if you're looking to improve things you are within shouting distance of some real enthusiasts.

Take advantage of Alan's invitation, he's helped me before, and him and Shirley are good people
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast