+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My journey so far

I'm John.

Default My journey so far

I joined the forum a few years ago now after I got the itch to try vinyl again.

Started with a Project Esprit deck with a 2m red going through a Little Bear T10 off Ebay feeding an Onyx melody valve amp into a set of self built Frugal Horns. Absolutely loved that but started upgrading as you do.

Moved up to a Lenco GL75 in a custom plinth with 2m Bronze into a Puresound P10 through the same amp into a set of Tannoy Eatons that I refurbished and had some RFC x'overs fitted. Absolutely loved that also.

All through this I was buying vinyl and its surprising how your collection grows.

Then changed to a set of PMC Twenty 21's fed by a Rega Brio from a Project RPM9 with Ortofon Rondon Red through a Parks Audio Puffin (which is amazing by the way). Really loved this and still have all the components.

I recently bought a set of Electric Beach Blackwoods and finally am back to something I had with the Frugal Horns a few years ago. I cant quite explain it but the sound is just so real to me.

Just sat listening to Silver Eagle off of Mark Knopflers Tracker album and I've re-cued it 4 times now. By the way, this is a fantastic album.

You go on a journey with this hobby but when it works its just bloody sensational.

Happy man.
    Last edited by speedyj; 09-06-2019 at 14:27.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm John.

I posted in AA as its vinyl that brought me here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm alan.

Nice one speedy, great wee history there....heard nowt but praise for the Electric Beach frugals.

I'm Steve.

Hi John

Really glad your enjoying the little brio
    Fantastic little thing, unbeatable for the money

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Nice one speedy, great wee history there....heard nowt but praise for the Electric Beach frugals.
    I bought then SH for £250 and I just keep sitting there thinking how can they sound this good for so little.

I've spent far more and heard far less.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi John

Really glad your enjoying the little brio
    Fantastic little thing, unbeatable for the money

Steve...
    Honestly Steve, its surprised me.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Vinyl requires a lot of effort and it's not very convenient but I think it's worth it, part of the appeal is nostalgic for me, because that's how I first listened to music.
    Glad you are enjoying it.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm John.

I still have the urge for a valve phono stage but the Parks Audio Puffin sound amazing.

I bought it out of curiosity and expected to be disappointed but its the real deal.

That's the problem right there....................Self control and knowing when you're happy.

Sitting here thinking: Do I spend a lot of money on a valve phone or just accept I'm happy and instead buy 30-50 albums to enjoy.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Vinyl requires a lot of effort and it's not very convenient but I think it's worth it, part of the appeal is nostalgic for me, because that's how I first listened to music.
    Glad you are enjoying it.
    Totally agree Chris.

I'm alan.

Had to Google the Puffin speedy .........

It's....ermmmm..... different.!!!!!

Would love to hear one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast