+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Cambridge

I'm Brendan.

Default Hello from Cambridge

My love for music started during my formative years in Singapore. Especially growing up to BBC radio and TOTP. Favourite bands include Depeche Mode, The Smiths and the Cure. I now live and work in Cambridge UK and my musical tastes has expanded to include most genres of music except country and jazz. My hifi journey started with a cheap Panasonic tape/radio player and for years solely consisted of my car stereo and then on my mobile phone. It was only in the past 12 months that I have progressed to better hi fi kit. Currently I have the Allo digione Signature as source. SW1X DAC II into a Schiit Audio Freya pre-amp and NORD NC500 power amps. Speakers are the iconic Harbeth SHL5+ 40th anniversary. For late night listening, I have a Massdrop Alex Cavalli CTH amp and Senn HD650 headphones. It has been a really enjoyable experience whilst I was experimenting and acquiring the various kit and much to my wife's relief, I think I am fairly happy with what I have....for now .

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm gone.

Hi Brendan and welcome to the forum.

That's an impressively brief journey into some very serious and nice hifi gear.
    Most of us kind of get there more slowly!
    You must have had some good advice on the way.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Brendan. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot going on here. Feel free to join in any chat that interests you, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Welcome Brendan and another Cambs local! One day there might be enough for a local AOS event.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread