+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dutch and dutch 8cs

I'm Dennis.

That is for me Jerry a major problem, probably made more pronounced by age and a realisation of the finite time available.

At the age of 20 or so we can easily get very involved with all the technology, and I was fanatical, to the extent of it overriding other things in life, I used to spend hours as an aficionado reading all I could about Hi-Fi, and I worked in broadcasting.

Now I cannot be bothered to go through the numerous alternatives for digital streaming, a factor exacerbated by the changes in the market over the last few decades, I simply want to find the most succinct and best solution, and haven't yet really addressed researching the problem.

This change in the market is seemingly universal, so much choice, so much reading to do, and about questionable benefits of each product.

Sainsburys a couple of years ago analysed their shampoo range, to find that they had of the order of 36 varieties; lots of colours, odours and descriptions, and baffling because there is usually so little science in them.

There is even a TV ad referring to the abundance of choice as overbearing.

I'm Martin.

At the risk of going OT same here.... I know I could have bought a Pi etc for streaming and it would have probably been better than what I did buy. Also need to add I could set it up myself as I ran a classic squeezebox since 2006 and use Linux as my OS of choice but I just couldn't be bothered and bought a Bluesound node instead....

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    At the risk of going OT same here.... I know I could have bought a Pi etc for streaming and it would have probably been better than what I did buy. Also need to add I could set it up myself as I ran a classic squeezebox since 2006 and use Linux as my OS of choice but I just couldn't be bothered and bought a Bluesound node instead....
    Martin, most of what you said there made no sense to me, yes I really am that shit with tech

Much as I really liked the sound of the Dutch+Dutch 8Cs, for eight grand I'd expect their company boffin to set them up for me, and maybe be on call for any technical issues that may arise.

I know I'm a bit of a luddite, but I feel I've got to an age where I don't want to use up my remaining time on this earth learning "how to", I simply want my purchases to just work, without me first taking a course. I don't think that's asking too much
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Martin, most of what you said there made no sense to me, yes I really am that shit with tech

Much as I really liked the sound of the Dutch+Dutch 8Cs, for eight grand I'd expect their company boffin to set them up for me, and maybe be on call for any technical issues that may arise.

I know I'm a bit of a luddite, but I feel I've got to an age where I don't want to use up my remaining time on this earth learning "how to", I simply want my purchases to just work, without me first taking a course. I don't think that's asking too much
    I was basically agreeing with what you just said

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    I was basically agreeing with what you just said
    I know, you just confused me a bit with long words like Pi. More comfortable with pies.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Donald.

Hi. The dealer that you buy the speakers from should do the detailed set up for you. In many ways they are very easy to use and plug and play - they do not need to be connected to a network to play music depending on how you implement them.
    I have found that the room correction makes a big difference. My room is about 24ftx14ftx8ft.
    Pic of current system listening to penguin cafe's new album streaming from qobuz. All of the cyrus gear in the rack is surplus to requirements (and for sale if anyone is interested). The only kit other than speakers needed is that little black box on the chest of drawers.
    dd8compressed.jpg

I'm Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I know, you just confused me a bit with long words like Pi. More comfortable with pies.
    Got a nice laugh out of that! Good one for my morning. I agree on some of this, things are just too silly tech-laden these days. Not that it doesn't bring benefits at times...I suppose...
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12