That is for me Jerry a major problem, probably made more pronounced by age and a realisation of the finite time available.

At the age of 20 or so we can easily get very involved with all the technology, and I was fanatical, to the extent of it overriding other things in life, I used to spend hours as an aficionado reading all I could about Hi-Fi, and I worked in broadcasting.

Now I cannot be bothered to go through the numerous alternatives for digital streaming, a factor exacerbated by the changes in the market over the last few decades, I simply want to find the most succinct and best solution, and haven't yet really addressed researching the problem.

This change in the market is seemingly universal, so much choice, so much reading to do, and about questionable benefits of each product.

Sainsburys a couple of years ago analysed their shampoo range, to find that they had of the order of 36 varieties; lots of colours, odours and descriptions, and baffling because there is usually so little science in them.

There is even a TV ad referring to the abundance of choice as overbearing.