+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Sony DVP-NS900V QS CD/SACD/DVD player

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Sony DVP-NS900V QS CD/SACD/DVD player

Great sounding and versatile machine, I've used it occasionally (ie a few times a year) for the last 8 years as the CD/SACD player in my headphone system up north, but its great strength is as a CD transport (inc CD R/RW) using the digital coax out, and as an SACD player with both stereo and surround capability from the gold plated RCA outs. It also makes a great DVD player apparently although I've not used that since I tested it when I purchased it from the first owner about 8 years ago who apparently didn't use it much either. While it predates HDMI it does have high quality S video out for those who are into that sort of thing. Perhaps most importantly it has video circuit and display off options to use as a dedicated music player.

It has been faultless since I bought it. It comes in great boxed condition apart from a few light marks on the top and slight evidence of a leaky battery in the remote (with no affect on its functionality).

It's available for collection near Durham until tomorrow (Saturday) morning and then North London in a few weeks tbc when I can get it down in the car.

I'm asking a fair £75. Can look into postage at buyer's cost and risk but would rather wait to gauge interest first.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Mick.

I have one of these and the CD reproduction is top notch. Worth every penny of the £75 asked just for the CD part. Good luck with the sale Lawrence.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Neil.

Nice machine, I too have one. The RGB output (on three phono sockets) is superior to the SVHS output. No modern TVs have SVHS though some might still offer RGB via scart, and many still offer RGB on three phono inputs, component video.
    Regards Neil

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks for the recommendation and advice guys. Hopefully someone will snap it up at this price. Available for collection in Durham tomorrow morning, then I'll bump in a few weeks when it's in London. Happy to take a deposit in the meanwhile if anyone wants it holding.

I'm Geoff.

Is the dust free?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Is the dust free?
    I was going to use it on my records for a more authentic sound but if the buyer wants it I can leave it on

I'm Lawrence.

Now in London bump.

I'm Lawrence.

Ruarks here, down to £60 bargain bump.

I'm Lawrence.

This makes a lovely smooth non digital sounding combo with the Teac dac I'm also listing and they look great together in silver too. That's £200 for a really good digital source that plays SACDs too (direct from the player). Both boxed and near mint!

I'm Lawrence.

Reduced to £50 must be the cheapest quality (Sony QS) SACD player for sale in the UK!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast