+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to streaming - again.

I'm Tony.

Mike, I would advise you to buy the Topping via Amazon if you haven't already gone that way as it is an easy return if you don't like it.

FWIW I have a Xiang Sheng DAC01 that I find has a very acceptable sound without any nasties. Following some reviews I tried the Topping but found it flat and lacking the musicality of the XS so back it went to Amazon.

Easiest way to stream in my book is to buy a Rasberry Pi set up and a DAC of your choice.

There is a thread here started by Bigman80 that offers lots of advice.

As for a streaming service Tidal Hifi 0ffers a lot and there are some occasional deals on ebay.

HTH
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Mike, I would advise you to buy the Topping via Amazon if you haven't already gone that way as it is an easy return if you don't like it.

FWIW I have a Xiang Sheng DAC01 that I find has a very acceptable sound without any nasties. Following some reviews I tried the Topping but found it flat and lacking the musicality of the XS so back it went to Amazon.

Easiest way to stream in my book is to buy a Rasberry Pi set up and a DAC of your choice.

There is a thread here started by Bigman80 that offers lots of advice.

As for a streaming service Tidal Hifi 0ffers a lot and there are some occasional deals on ebay.

HTH
    Thanks Tony, the Iiang seems popular as well. I definitely like musicality!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Well, Xiang Sheng dac01 has arrived finally, CCA on the way, what cable do I need to connect the cca to the dac? And what input does it go in?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Well, Xiang Sheng dac01 has arrived finally, CCA on the way, what cable do I need to connect the cca to the dac? And what input does it go in?
    Mini Toslink to Toslink for full HD audio - big choice here......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mini+to...b_sb_ss_i_1_12

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Mini Toslink to Toslink for full HD audio - big choice here......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mini+to...b_sb_ss_i_1_12
    Thanks Mike,nso is that 3.5 jack to toslink?

I'm Mike.

Yip basically it's a digital 3.5 to toslink and will give you the full audio that the cca is capable of

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Yip basically it's a digital 3.5 to toslink and will give you the full audio that the cca is capable of
    Aah, now I get it, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123