+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stream from Nas drive

I'm Ian.

Default Stream from Nas drive

Hi all I just got a buffalo HS-DHGL97A linkstaton from a friend of mine I was hoping to use with my network player. But the network player can see the folders on the Nas drive but they are empty. So I went to drag and drop some music files on the music folder on the Nas drive but I keep getting a circle with a line through so I can't add any music to the folder so do anyone know what I'm doing wrong. Thank in advance for my

I'm Paul.

Hard to say without seeing it. Only thing to mind is that the music files are in a format that the music player does not play.
    ~Paul~

I'm Ian.

The music is in flac. the network player can play flac fornatt that's not the problem. the problem is I can't add the music files to the Nas drive as when I go to drop a music to the music folder on the Nas drive from my pc all get ia a picture of a circle with a line going through it so I can drop the music files in the music folder on the Nas drive.

I'm Simon.

Probably a permissions thing. You may be able to 'see' it, but do you have full read/write permissions?
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Ian.

Thank you for your replys. I'm new to this sort of thing the pc I'm using is windows 10. How can find out what premonitions I'm useing.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    Thank you for your replys. I'm new to this sort of thing the pc I'm using is windows 10. How can find out what premonitions I'm useing.
    Clearly none

I'm Pavel.

Right click on the folder... There should be a menu item called "Properties" or something like that - sorry I don't remember what exactly it's called and I don't have any Windows PCs at home. It would summon a window with many tabs, and one of the tabs would list your permissions - Read/Write/Full access.

Sorry if I'm a bit vague, it's been several years since I stopped doing Windows networking, only have Linux and Mac boxes in my household.

I'm Ian.

hi, this link should help, its the Buffalo user manual, with details on how to set up the Nas, set permissions etc.
    http://3865dc10959fb7ba66fc-382cb7eb...anual_web2.pdf

+ Reply to Thread