+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This guide is to help you build the DOUK KSL-M77 Preamp clone kit.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post

Main difference between the M7 and M77 apart for a bank balance outlay is the ability to bore the bollocks of a charging Rhino at 60 paces increases Four fold

Think extra polish to a really well wax valeted car
    Touchy. Did a Mr Kondo steal your girlfriend once?

And also utter bollocks.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    My line is dictated by budget. I'm not interested in "fakes" like rolexs etc but a hifi DIY PCB isn't in that category for me. Its an opportunity to build something and if anything, Chi-Fi has demonstrated that they don't bother to really put the effort into most of the clone PCBs to be even nearly accurate.

Layout, track width and thickness would need to be exact and they never are so they can never be real clones.
    It's not the PCB that concerns me (nor, I suspect lawrence) but the notion of putting it in a branded case.

I'm Justin.

Searching for Kondo on Ali Express provides a large number of links to Japanese Anime sex dolls.

Curious.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    It's not the PCB that concerns me (nor, I suspect lawrence) but the notion of putting it in a branded case.
    Why so offended by it, Tom? There are blatant, branded fakes for all sorts of products. Always has been, always will be.

montesquieu Guest

Lol. Well it's a very common surname but perhaps some people are taking the decluttering thing a bit too seriously.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Why so offended by it, Tom? There are blatant, branded fakes for all sorts of products. Always has been, always will be.
    I'm actually baffled anyone finds this acceptable. So we have a looky-looky man for hifi now?

I'm Justin.

The £13.13 M7.

I'm Justin.

I'm actually baffled anyone finds this acceptable. So we have a looky-looky man for hifi now?
    There's nothing that can be done about it. Apart from eradicating China and perhaps a few other places.

I'm Lawrence.

Yes, if the circuit is not patented then I can't see a problem (and without the high end components in it it won't sound the same) but the name Ongaku on the box worries me if there is a copyright on that name on the context of hifi. If there isn't I suppose it's fair game as long as nobody buys it later down the line thinking it's original.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Yes, if the circuit is not patented then I can't see a problem (and without the high end components in it it won't sound the same) but the name Ongaku on the box worries me if there is a copyright on that name on the context of hifi. If there isn't I suppose it's fair game as long as nobody buys it later down the line thinking it's original.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Indeed, a quick search shows the Kondo logo is trademarked in at least the UK and the US. Pretty sure it would be unlawful to make or sell that case in most geographies.

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tm.../WE00001028334
    http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=79...e=statusSearch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast