+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Croft vs Upgraditis [emoji1677][emoji43]

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Fantastic Karl, beautifully matched system and a little similar to my own. I expect yours however sounds a little better especially with those beautiful 7r monos!
    Thanks James,

As you know its a combination dripping with class and synergy. The monos give more of everything and and the space and air around the instruments is very real indeed. I will pick your brains about valve combinations youve enjoyed soon as id like to squeeze everydrop i can out of it.

Cheers

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Well done Karl,

You've put together a great looking (and sounding) system there, you must be very proud.

The racks look superb.

Happy listening.
    Cheers Oliver,
    The rack started life as an aticama equinox I picked up on ebay for 50 notes.
    I just gave it a sand and respray to white and made a few Merbau shelves for it to match the deck and speakers. Its worked a treat mate.

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Really nice looking system Karl that as already expressed, I bet sounds fab
    Thanks robbie its like all my Christmas’s have come at once. Been glued to it the last couple of days now. Its a great feeling to finally get to a point where I feel theres nothing in the chain i need to change, and also know i dont need to bust my bolocks doing saturdays anymore to pay for it all. Which means more money for tunes and more time for listening.. result

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Cheers Oliver,
    The rack started life as an aticama equinox I picked up on ebay for 50 notes.
    I just gave it a sand and respray to white and made a few Merbau shelves for it to match the deck and speakers. Its worked a treat mate.

Looks great. Well done!

I'm Rich.

That's a very handsome LP12, a nice looking set up all round.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Thanks James,

As you know its a combination dripping with class and synergy. The monos give more of everything and and the space and air around the instruments is very real indeed. I will pick your brains about valve combinations youve enjoyed soon as id like to squeeze everydrop i can out of it.

Cheers

Karl

If I can help with valve choices let me know and I can give you some options based on extensive listening experience with the Crofts. They do respond particularly well to NOS valves although I have had some good results surprisingly with some modern manufactured ones too.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm David.

Like everyone else, just have to say what a beautiful looking system and room. I'm no longer a fan of the LP12 but yours looks sublime with the Santos plinth.

I'm Paul.

That is a lovely system you have there, Karl.

I’ve always been intrigued by Croft equipment but I have nether heard any. What music do you listen to?
    ~Paul~

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    That's a very handsome LP12, a nice looking set up all round.
    Thanks buddy, very much enjoying it

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    If I can help with valve choices let me know and I can give you some options based on extensive listening experience with the Crofts. They do respond particularly well to NOS valves although I have had some good results surprisingly with some modern manufactured ones too.
    Thanks james im a fan of a clean, clear detailed i suppose more ‘hifi’ sound as opposed to too thick and ‘ warm’. I have to say that the current combo sits somehwere nicely in the middle of that and sounds very good indeed. Just wondering if i can taylor it a touch more .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast