+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thorens Armboards

I'm Clive.

Default Thorens Armboards

I have a few Thorens armboards that are surplus to requirements.

[IMG][/IMG]

Clockwise from top left:
    TD124 SME 12" .Superb custom made Audio Classique Acrylic Armboard, made from laser cut 10mm high gloss cast acrylic, unused. 20 SOLD
    TD124 12"SME Schopper Decoupled mountings. Very light use and some minor marks to the top surface. 100
    TD124 FR-64 Standard fibre-board, ragged edges to hole. 10
    TD124 FR-64 Black ash wood, unused. 20
    TD 520/521 Thorens original, uncut, black thick heavy undrilled armboard. Ex Swiss Thorens spare part stock item. The armboard is in Mint condition. 50
    TD124 Ortofon 12" RMG 309 or similar, wood, with armrest. Good condition. 25 SOLD

Postage at cost.
    Last edited by CliveG; 16-04-2019 at 15:57.

I'm Paul.

PM re the 12 inch SME armboard.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveG
    TD124 Ortofon 12" RMG 309 or similar, wood, with armrest. Good condition. 25

Postage at cost.
    I would like to buy the above please. PM on its way.
    Barry

I'm Tom.

Hi Barry bear in mind the RMG-309 Limited you bought from me has the limited edition 'SME' style base not the standard fixed three bolt job from the regular 309i.

Mind you I think I have a three-bolt base kicking around from an AS-212 which might be the same diameter.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Hi Barry bear in mind the RMG-309 Limited you bought from me has the limited edition 'SME' style base not the standard fixed three bolt job from the regular 309i.

Mind you I think I have a three-bolt base kicking around from an AS-212 which might be the same diameter.
    Hi Tom,

Yes I know the RMG309i I bought from you uses a sliding bedplate, and indeed it has been fitted onto a 12" Thorens armboard. I have three 12" arms and would like to have them fitted to individual armboards for ease of arm change. Likewise I use several 9" armboards for shorter arms. I have three Thorens 124/II TTs and like to 'dabble' with different arms and cartridges.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread