+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QUAD 50D ( x3 ) EX BBC

I'm Andrew.

Default QUAD 50D ( x3 ) EX BBC

Any advice before I power these up ?
    Apparently they were rescued ( yeah right ) from the BBC theatrical department in Shepherd’s Bush .
    Are they of any value ( once I’ve ascertained that they work ) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Since you have the rare Plessey 'Paignton' muti-way connectors, a well as the Cannon mains connectors, they are eminently 'saleable'; whereas without the Plessey connectors they are largely unusable. The Quad 50D amps were modified 50Es, customised for the BBC who didn't need all of the speaker load options of the 50E.

Have a look inside to see if the balanced-line input transformer has been fitted. I assume you know how to wire up the Plessey connectors, in order to test the amplifiers.

They look to be in good cosmetic condition, so if they work well, you could get £100 apiece. But bare in mind, many of the components are now unobtainable.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Since you have the rare Plessey 'Paignton' muti-way connectors, a well as the Cannon mains connectors, they are eminently 'saleable'; whereas without the Plessey connectors they are largely unusable. The Quad 50D amps were modified 50Es, customised for the BBC who didn't need all of the speaker load options of the 50E.

Have a look inside to see if the balanced-line input transformer has been fitted. I assume you know how to wire up the Plessey connectors, in order to test the amplifiers.

They look to be in good cosmetic condition, so if they work well, you could get £100 apiece. But bare in mind, many of the components are now unobtainable.
    Cheers Barry, all done and tested now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread