+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted 300B SET Amp

I'm Martin.

Default Wanted 300B SET Amp

Hi all, I am looking for a 300B SET amp to run my Tannoy Golds and Klipsch speakers.

Happy to travel long distances for collection.

Please PM if you have anything that might be of interest. I have access to a very good engineer for repair and upgrades so no barriers there.

All the best, Martin

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanthecat View Post
    Hi all, I am looking for a 300B SET amp to run my Tannoy Golds and Klipsch speakers.

Happy to travel long distances for collection.

Please PM if you have anything that might be of interest. I have access to a very good engineer for repair and upgrades so no barriers there.

All the best, Martin
    Not knowing your price limits these are very good, http://www.lotushifi.co.uk/preloved/ Renaissance RA-01 300b Mono Amps, I suspect Richard would be open to a sensible offer.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

lordmortlock Guest

Definative audio had a trafomatic listed at a sensible price. Give Kevin or Lyn a call, see if it’s still available.

I'm Alan.

There is a Dutch guy that trades under the name of Heart, he makes a 300B SET amp called Beat (I know - Heart Beat ),
    I have heard these and they are rather wonderful.

Very little info but worth a search (come on all you rabid AoS searchers).

I'm Adrian.

This one is definitely worth a listen and consideration https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/morei...=60984&offset=
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Mark.

As suggested by Jake, The Trafomatic at Definitive is a knockout 300B for the money!
    Last edited by Sixty2; 15-04-2019 at 15:42.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    This one is definitely worth a listen and consideration https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/morei...=60984&offset=
    Seconded. I used to own one of these amps, they are superb.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Seconded. I used to own one of these amps, they are superb.
    Oops, apologies, this was mine and sold a while ago. should have updated the ad.
    yes it was an incredible amp. built by David Coe of this parish.

I must add the 300b wasn't great with my Tannoy 12' Monitor Golds, too soft in the lower regions, no real control. It was incredible in the mids and treble.

As well documented on various threads on AoS, tread carefully with matching the Tannoy MG's to the amplification, it's why I ended up with a Radford STA25.
    If the 300b had worked with the Tannoys I'd still be with it, as that 300b airy magic is addictive.
    But it was push pull with zero negative feedback, subsequently, a low damping factor (all that stuff is a little past my station tbh!)
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 16-04-2019 at 10:26.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Simon.

PM sent regarding Allnic T-1500

I'm Dave.

Default Bez T3B-3

I have a Bez T3B-3 for sale. Not well known, but a nice little amp. Asking just £300 including some spare valves.
    https://www.audiobanter.co.uk/uk-rec...ese-valve.html

I'll send a PM, can supply pics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast