+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD: Budget MC Cartridge up to about £150

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    If by DV 100P you mean the Dynavector 100p it has 63db of gain and 100 ohm loading which be ok with the Eroica though perhaps slightly on the quiet side as you have found.

Reason is that the Eroica L has a significantly lower output (0.25mV) than the later LX (0.4mV). Though with 63db of gain it's still well within the area of being a reasonable match.
    Thanks for explaining Tom - makes sense

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Glad your happy (sofar) with ti.
    Yes, will be the gain of your PS, as, as a general rule MC carts lose 20dB over their MM cousins, there can be further losses if the loading (Ohms) is way off of the recommended or less than 10 - 12 times the internal impedence if an open ended impedence range is given.
    Thanks John - starting to learn a little about MC’s now

I'm Geoff.

You might find it more rewarding to use the Eroica through a good SUT into the MM input, should you feel like exploring that approach.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You might find it more rewarding to use the Eroica through a good SUT into the MM input, should you feel like exploring that approach.
    As a dyed in the wool SUT fan I'd agree with that! Something like a 1:20 should get you back up around your MM sort of level.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12