+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Degritter is here

I'm Clive.

Default The Degritter is here

I managed to bag one of the 5 machines available to new purchasers when their webstore opened a couple of weeks ago and it arrived on Wednesday, after some delay while they modified all the initial batch of units to fix a couple of technical issues.
    It has not disappointed. It looks good enough to sit in the listening room, is tolerable noise wise, probably similar to the Loricraft on the Washing Cycle. The drying fan is noisier but you can choose between high fan speed / short drying time or lower speed / longer time.
    It works brilliantly, and is easy to use and maintain. Does it clean the records? A resounding yes, all my records have had at least three cycles on the Loricraft but the Degritter has made them sound better (less crackles). Small water marks, stubborn finger prints etc have all been removed. Out of 25 records cleaned so far, two needed a second wash to remove all visible marks.
    I am very pleased, if it proves to be reliable then they are on to a winner.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveG View Post
    I managed to bag one of the 5 machines available to new purchasers when their webstore opened a couple of weeks ago and it arrived on Wednesday, after some delay while they modified all the initial batch of units to fix a couple of technical issues.
    It has not disappointed. It looks good enough to sit in the listening room, is tolerable noise wise, probably similar to the Loricraft on the Washing Cycle. The drying fan is noisier but you can choose between high fan speed / short drying time or lower speed / longer time.
    It works brilliantly, and is easy to use and maintain. Does it clean the records? A resounding yes, all my records have had at least three cycles on the Loricraft but the Degritter has made them sound better (less crackles). Small water marks, stubborn finger prints etc have all been removed. Out of 25 records cleaned so far, two needed a second wash to remove all visible marks.
    I am very pleased, if it proves to be reliable then they are on to a winner.

£2,500 OUCH!
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    £2,500 OUCH!
    Quality products cost money. These sort of products come with amazing customer service and support
    And the design and research is a huge investment from said small companies.
    Yes they are expensive but it’s relative to the rest of the investment one drops on a ‘high end’ Vinyl front end.
    It’s a great RCM arguably the best on the market.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Grant.

A Loricraft PRC4 is close to 2k so its probably decent value, if thats the route you wish to take. i will stick with my 10 year old moth that still works as well as it did, but i did consider one of these. i like the design
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

Yes, it is a big investment, just like a top of the range Loricraft or Monks. However, if you have a big collection and mainly listen to vinyl, a top quality, easy to use, and wife friendly record cleaner is a blessing.
    As much as I love the Loricraft, it is a wonderful machine, I will probably move it on. I do not buy from charity shops or boot sales anymore, so never have any really filthy discs to clean and the Degritter lets me get and maintain that final level of cleanliness which is so important to the enjoying the medium.

+ Reply to Thread