+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wanted patch cable for michell orbe , to extend the power supply to the motor ,,

I'm peter.

Default wanted patch cable for michell orbe , to extend the power supply to the motor ,,

hi i am looking for a patch /extension cable for the michell orbe controler to the motor , the std one is too short ,, it needs to have a 6 pin din male and female,
    regards
    peter

I'm Adrian.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm peter.

no it will not fit as it has to have the locking type,, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GX12-GX16...mkt-0ng7eZL-BA

13mm diameter which is the problem

but thanks for looking

I'm Ian.

When I had to extend my gyro psu cable I took the plug to the deck off the lead, replaced it with a 240v inline power connector then added some more cable and put the plug back on the end of that. All screw terminals' so easily reversible with my psu

I'm peter.

the orbe uses a 6 pin Din , it needs to be male and female connection, , not 240 v , cheers pete

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    no it will not fit as it has to have the locking type,, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GX12-GX16...mkt-0ng7eZL-BA

13mm diameter which is the problem

but thanks for looking
    Splice and dice then with 6 part lead
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm peter.

i would but it is not mine,, also look a mess, pete

I'm Adrian.

i would but it is not mine,, also look a mess, pete
    I wasnt suggesting you did it the dirty way with insulation tape. If you buy 2 male and 2 female 6 pins and the lead needed then you can solder each up and have the extension in place. Alternatively if the existing socket will come apart and not heat sealed then de-solder it and use a new piece of wire and just one male/female new connection. Option 3 open the box disconnect the cable noting what goes where attach the required length of lead and re-solder the existing socket on the end, presuming it will come apart in the first place.

I'm peter.

Hi A i know what you mean but it is thousands of miles away ,,just thought i would ask,, michell will not make one, just say see the dealer who will not supply one as michell will not make one,, i suppose they are a set length for a reason ,,so the orbe controller will work properly , you can get a fly lead for the gyro but not the orbe

pete

I'm Adrian.

Hi A i know what you mean but it is thousands of miles away ,,just thought i would ask,, michell will not make one, just say see the dealer who will not supply one as michell will not make one,, i suppose they are a set length for a reason ,,so the orbe controller will work properly , you can get a fly lead for the gyro but not the orbe

pete
    That sounds very strange.

+ Reply to Thread