+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roxy Music

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If you want to get rid of unwanted guests, or those who have outstayed their welcome, then just put on 'Phaedra' by Tangerine Dream. It's very effective!
    Barry

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If I was dumped on a desert island and I could only take one Roxy album, it would have to be "For Your Pleasure" I feel this was their pinnacle, and is up there with Hunky Dory and Electric Ladyland as my all time favourites. So I guess it makes no sense that these days "Avalon" is my most played Roxy effort.
    Definitely agree with your choice Steve. On a slightly different tack and a Ferry solo effort I really rate Another Time Another Place, an album of covers but treated with the Ferry magic.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you want to get rid of unwanted guests, or those who have outstayed their welcome, then just put on 'Phaedra' by Tangerine Dream. It's very effective!

I'm Shaun.

I thought that Phaedra was one of their finest albums

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't think I've heard that. Tangerine Dream is a band that passed me by. But I'll give some a listen when I'm done with the Freddie McGregor stuff I'm streaming at the moment.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shaun.

Brian Eno 'Thursday Afternoon' is an absolute ambient classic but make sure you are alone when you play it or at least with someone who understands your state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I thought that Phaedra was one of their finest albums

I didn't say it wasn't. What I did say was playing it is very effective at getting rid of unwanted guests. Another one might be Terry Riley's 'In C' or Stockhausen's 'Stimmung', though I haven't tried those.

By the way I do like 'Phaedra' and will often play it at the end of an evening's listening session before I go to bed.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Brian Eno 'Thursday Afternoon' is an absolute ambient classic but make sure you are alone when you play it or at least with someone who understands your state of mind.

I do like his ambient work, but it's not for everyone - I'm sure it would bore the hell out of my partner
    Barry

I'm Steve.

When I played "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts', Mrs. P certainly wasn't impressed. But then she favours music with singing, and when one such track came on (singer may be Lebanese or something), she said it sounded like a cat being strangled. She feels the same about a Transglobal Underground album I have.

Perhaps the best way to rid yourself of overstayers would be the direct approach - changing into your jammies, then switching off the lights and going to bed should do the trick.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

When I played "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts', Mrs. P certainly wasn't impressed.
    I have that one as well - and have to say I'm not that impressed. But maybe I should give it another spin.

Perhaps the best way to rid yourself of overstayers would be the direct approach - changing into your jammies, then switching off the lights and going to bed should do the trick.
    Well I don't wear 'jammies', and as I have said, I do sometimes play 'Phaedra' before I go to bed.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast