+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to put your hifi

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In my system I have a monoblock amplifier placed directly behind each speaker. They are connected back to the preamp using balanced line cables; which because they run under the floor are not of equal length. The unequal length makes no difference to the overall performance.
    Balanced cables should be less affected by length by virtue of their design, I was more thinking eg. 1m vs 5m of speaker cable.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    What I was trying to say was a player that doesn't skip when playing sounds more appealing than one that does.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    There's no disputing that!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

How's yours set up Macca? I think I've seen a pic of your gear on an open stand or did I imagine that? Does it buckle under the weight of the Krell?

Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Balanced cables should be less affected by length by virtue of their design, I was more thinking eg. 1m vs 5m of speaker cable.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    that swing of size of speaker cable might have an effect, depending mostly on capacitance of cable and the amp in question. if in doubt try and use relatively equal lengths. I prefer longer interconnects and shorter speaker wires personally if its possible(ie with monoblocks)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    How's yours set up Macca? I think I've seen a pic of your gear on an open stand or did I imagine that? Does it buckle under the weight of the Krell?
    I have an Apollo rack I bought about 25 years ago for the turntable to sit on. It did make quite a big improvement to the turntable's sound.

The Krell will not fit in it so it just sits on the carpet in front. WAF is through the floor and I don't use the TT anymore so could probably get rid of the rack altogether and improve the look of things but as always it's getting round to doing it. I'm not good at getting none-essential things done.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Paul.

Someone who is more interested in what's coming out the speakers than making things look pretty. Nowt wrong with that.

Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I have an Apollo rack I bought about 25 years ago for the turntable to sit on. It did make quite a big improvement to the turntable's sound.

The Krell will not fit in it so it just sits on the carpet in front. WAF is through the floor and I don't use the TT anymore so could probably get rid of the rack altogether and improve the look of things but as always it's getting round to doing it. I'm not good at getting none-essential things done.
    what's WAF?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Wife acceptance factor
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Wife acceptance factor
    For some it's one of the main restrictions on where you can put your hi-fi.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

If its a shared area then it's understandably an issue to a point
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast