+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eden Audio

I'm Dennis.

These aspects of personality and social interaction are not only in the audio world, or the web, but widespread, the web making many human traits much more transparently apparent, for example dishonesty.

In the last few decades modesty and humility have receded from being an important aspect of personality and character, largely I would argue starting in the 80s under Thatcher's philosophies which spread the love of self and personal material acquisition. She seemed to define individuality, mainly in terms of one's material choices, rather than in others.

This has encouraged self importance, egotism and self promotion, for example in media people often who often have little talent or anything special to offer IMO.

The trouble with this is that not only is it offensive to others, but the nature of survival reaction is to do the same so as not to be 'left out' or swamped, and hence having a reduced presence, and so 'waving one's own flag' has become more the norm, this often being at the sacrifice of personal discipline and endeavour, especially regarding seeking the truth.

Many now are in internally constructed, and self deceptional comfort zones, quite unable, because of unwillingness, to see beyond their egotism and self interest, and they will happily suck others into self serving agendas resulting from this standpoint.

This all bodes badly for researching, seeking, and understanding external, (or internal for that matter), truth, and we seem to be in a political, (small 'p'), malaise in many ways.

This often arrogant stance, facilitates bulldozing over the beliefs and opinions of others, regardless of any validity which the others may have, and causes the more sensitive to be rather offended.

Many communications I receive, from business, and potential partners on dating sites, take the form of commands, orders to do something, rather than offering me the opportunity to do it, which would respect my rights and feelings.

Why do newsreaders say; "See you next time" at the end of their readings? how can this possibly be so?

I'm Martin.

if Thatcher was actually responsible for the entire world completely changing their outlook on life it would make her a more important historical figure than Jesus or Hitler. I remain unconvinced.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    if Thatcher was actually responsible for the entire world completely changing their outlook on life it would make her a more important historical figure than Jesus or Hitler. I remain unconvinced.
    well, Ronnie too, should be in that mix.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Ronnie Biggs? Ronnie Kray? Help me out here.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ronnie Biggs? Ronnie Kray? Help me out here.
    lol.. Reagan (not again Margaret, im tired)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I knew a bloke who met Reagan some years after he had finished being the Prez. He said he was expecting him to be like his Spitting Image character ('The President's Brain is Missing' etc) but turned out he was nothing like that. Said he came across as being very intelligent and educated. Which was a bit disappointing.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dennis.

I made no reference to the whole world.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    These aspects of personality and social interaction are not only in the audio world, or the web, but widespread, the web making many human traits much more transparently apparent, for example dishonesty.

In the last few decades modesty and humility have receded from being an important aspect of personality and character, largely I would argue starting in the 80s under Thatcher's philosophies which spread the love of self and personal material acquisition. She seemed to define individuality, mainly in terms of one's material choices, rather than in others.

This has encouraged self importance, egotism and self promotion, for example in media people often who often have little talent or anything special to offer IMO.

The trouble with this is that not only is it offensive to others, but the nature of survival reaction is to do the same so as not to be 'left out' or swamped, and hence having a reduced presence, and so 'waving one's own flag' has become more the norm, this often being at the sacrifice of personal discipline and endeavour, especially regarding seeking the truth.

Many now are in internally constructed, and self deceptional comfort zones, quite unable, because of unwillingness, to see beyond their egotism and self interest, and they will happily suck others into self serving agendas resulting from this standpoint.

This all bodes badly for researching, seeking, and understanding external, (or internal for that matter), truth, and we seem to be in a political, (small 'p'), malaise in many ways.

This often arrogant stance, facilitates bulldozing over the beliefs and opinions of others, regardless of any validity which the others may have, and causes the more sensitive to be rather offended.

Many communications I receive, from business, and potential partners on dating sites, take the form of commands, orders to do something, rather than offering me the opportunity to do it, which would respect my rights and feelings.

Why do newsreaders say; "See you next time" at the end of their readings? how can this possibly be so?
    Well said .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Tony.

Nail head interface, keyboard's seem to have a morphing effect on the person using them most of the time imho.

Even Marco is very amiable when you meet him in the flesh
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post

Rather sadly I tend to agree.

I see what you describe in some of my nieces and nephews and their partners. One in particular comes to mind who spends her time telling others that they are wrong and her narrow views and mindset is correct. At the same time she talks over others opinions and rubbishes them whether she understands the topic to not. Her level of aggressiveness and arrogance even extends to people more than twice her age, who have had a bit more experience of the world. I have given up having any form of conversation with her other than to say hello and goodbye, or if she starts barracking others in my presence I come to their rescue if necessary.

Unfortunately this type of behaviour seems to becoming more the norm nowadays, where respect and consideration of others is of minor importance.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast