+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS Myryad Z40 preamp / headphone amp

I'm Brian.

Default FS Myryad Z40 preamp / headphone amp

I'm selling a Myryad Z40 preamp / headphone amp . This has 4 line inputs , 2 headphone outputs , and a set of line outputs for connection to an amplifier .

Also has a hi/lo gain setting for difficult to drive headphones .

I don't have the original Myryad remote control , however , it does come with a Marantz remote which can be used to control the volume .

It's in excellent condition and comes with original box and packaging .

Last edited by brian2957; 08-04-2019 at 18:37.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Steve.

Hi Brian, I would very much like this please.

I'll send you a pm now.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Brian.

PM replied to Steve .

Sold STP .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Vince.

Hi Brian,
    just out of curiosity, how much are you asking for this. My main headphone amp is an Oppo HA1 that I use with Sennheiser HD800 through the balanced output. I have the Myryad Z40 as my 2nd headphone amp that I use with Oppo PM 3's, sealed back so I don't disturb the missus while watching soaps,etc. I must say, considering the difference in price between the 2 headphone set ups, I never feel robbed while listening to the Myryad/PM3 combo. Myryad deserve a lot better exposure with this headphone amp, it's bloody good, very bloody good. Mine won't be going anywhere soon and having the remote, I have the Myryad, it does inputs and volume, but volume is the main want, is a good bonus. I could go on about what it does well and for the money, I cannot mention any bad points. Well made, you can use your own power cable.....IEC inlet, preamp facilities, and 2 headphone out's. Glws

I'm Mike.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Hi Brian,
    just out of curiosity, how much are you asking for this. My main headphone amp is an Oppo HA1 that I use with Sennheiser HD800 through the balanced output. I have the Myryad Z40 as my 2nd headphone amp that I use with Oppo PM 3's, sealed back so I don't disturb the missus while watching soaps,etc. I must say, considering the difference in price between the 2 headphone set ups, I never feel robbed while listening to the Myryad/PM3 combo. Myryad deserve a lot better exposure with this headphone amp, it's bloody good, very bloody good. Mine won't be going anywhere soon and having the remote, I have the Myryad, it does inputs and volume, but volume is the main want, is a good bonus. I could go on about what it does well and for the money, I cannot mention any bad points. Well made, you can use your own power cable.....IEC inlet, preamp facilities, and 2 headphone out's. Glws
    I echo everything said about this versatile and well specced/built class A amp. I use mine with HD650s. Not many people know about this, but not made now, unfortunately. Knocked my Naim Headline powered by 552 into a cocked hat.

I won't go as far as to say it's priceless, but at the mo' it seems to be.

I'm Steve.

Mike, I seem to remember it was you that gave us the heads up about this last year. I was too late, they'd sold out. So now I'm a happy bunny!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Jo.

Good call, Steve!

Great sound, superb build, and very flexible.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Mike, I seem to remember it was you that gave us the heads up about this last year. I was too late, they'd sold out. So now I'm a happy bunny!
    Pleased with that outcome. As these things are subjective to a point (but maybe not in this case), it would be interesting if you experience the same satisfaction.

I'm Steve.

Finally getting some proper listening this morning with the Myryad installed, and very pleased. My cloth ears detect no detriment, in fact the vocals seem a bit less 'shouty', which I'm happy about.

And operating my set up is so much easier now - no more plugging/unplugging interconnects to my power amp, which in itself doesn't sound like much of a faff, but switching off the power amp to let the 300b valves cool for a few minutes certainly was!

And finally I can use my headphones, which from this Z40 sound beautifully clear and non-fatiguing. This Myryad is here to stay. Cheers Brian!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Brian.

Thanks Steve , it's a very nice piece of kit
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast