+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What 12" arms fit into SME 3012 board?

I'm gordan.

Default What 12" arms fit into SME 3012 board?

Given I spent too much time with more solid Fidelity Research 10" arms, I'm wondering what other options I have when it comes to 12" instead of vintage 3012, on behalf I want to use the same boards? So should be same cut and same STP distance as SME 3012. Thanks.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I would have thought any 12" arm would fit (I assume the arm board has room for a 12" arm?).

If you don't want to use an SME, then consider 12" arms from Ortofon (I use an Ikeda-modified Ortofon 309: the 309i) and from Glanz. There is of course the FR66S, but that is now only available used on the SH market at great cost.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Timestep? Contact Ammonite
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Deleted.

It will definitely fit into the armboard. However, the bigger issue is that the armboard will have to be in a quite different (and more distant) position!
    Account Deleted

I'm Dan.

All SME arms use a slotted hole for the armboard. A standard round pillar will fit, but keeping it tight might be an issue, the slot may be visible which would look pretty sloppy.
    The much more expensive SME IV and V will fit as will any of the newer arms.

I'm Nari.

If you wish to stay with the same cut out than the 12" timestep is a great value option or the recent sme m12r and greater cost other wise you get into the costly graham phantom 111 12" with sme arm base. The best solution would be to get a arm board made to suit any arm of your choice.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

How is the armboard separate from the Bastin plinth used with the 401?
    Barry

I'm John.

Additionally, Origin Live do and SME to 23mm conversion plate to allow fitment or their or other 23mm pillared arms. OL also do 12" versions of their arm, starting I think from the Encounter 3C, don't know if their are others.

+ Reply to Thread