+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Squeezebox Touch (boxed) £75

I'm Gareth.

Default FS: Squeezebox Touch (boxed) £75

Having recently acquired a new & sealed SBT, this one is now surplus to requirements.

Complete with the original packaging, remote, PSU, RCA cables and manual.

It’s in reasonable condition, the remote is scruffy and it’s just started to become tacky (a common issue with the SBT remote). The screen is unfortunately marked, visible at the right angle under strong light but not seen with normal use - I’ve priced it to reflect this.

Ideal for a second system.

£75 inc. postage to a UK mainland address.
    Last edited by Getgaff; 08-04-2019 at 12:20.

I'm Gareth.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    It’s in reasonable condition, the remote is scruffy and it’s just started to become tacky (a common issue with the SBT remote).
    Seems a pity that Logitech made a few products with surfaces that degrade. Real bummer, as otherwise quite good products. Maybe the remotes can be obtained as spares.

I hadn't noticed that as a problem with the remotes, but the Squeezebox Boom is often poor re tackiness. Sad!

I hadn't realised that the Touch may also have issues - I have one of those - I'll watch out for this.
    Dave

I'm joseph.

Easy to sort tacky remote clean rear of remote with alcohol solution carefully

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I'm Gareth.

Bump and price now includes postage to a UK Mainland address.

I'm Gareth.

SOLD!

I'm Gary.

Magik!

Big digital audio guy and Squeezebox evangelist back in the day (an SB2, 3 SB3’s and 2 Touch’s) and still run my Transporter in the office system.
    Wrote several VU screensavers based on classic hifi kit (Macintosh amps etc) back in the day, was so sad to see how the product (and concept) was watered down and eventually killed when Slim Devices were sold to Logitech.

Way...WAY ahead of their time (their first network enabled digital file audio player came out in 2003) and so important in the history of digital home audio.
    The guy who started it all, Sean Adams , was a Jobs, Gates or Zukerberg, marketing beat him but his idea was world changing.
    Enjoyed my online correspondence with him in the Squeezebox forums circa 2007 and onwards.

Just rebought a Touch m’self for a bedroom system into a set of active monitors, setting the Touch up again was a blast from the past and listening now I’m so impressed with the quality of the sound it produces.

A real shame how Corporate greed and politics killed the Squeezebox, but all good things etc, and it lives on in the form of squeeze software and hardware like the Pi, which is coming of age Sound quality wise.

Like everything popular that all of a sudden is no longer available, The Touches were selling for stoopid money a short time back, but given “the rise of Pi” in home audio prices are becoming more sensible.

A big part of getting Pi audio (and audiophilia) to work is understanding andovercoming computer/ network issues....
    Various software versions sounding better, tweaks in the OS to get it to have “more analogue quality”

all that schennanigans...
    ...was sussed out by the Squeezebox guys decades before.
    It just works.

Yep, bit of a love letter to Squeezebox, and having looked into (in a Business sense) a “Squeezebox replacement” myself, I’m just sitting here loving the simplicity and tremendous sound quality of my SB Touch into active speakers and I’m reminded of genuinely just how far ahead of its time the Squeezebox was.

Happy another one of us has bought one.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 11-04-2019 at 04:50.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Jerry.

Still use mine every day Gaz! See no reason to replace it and I don't know what I would get if it packed in.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread