Good day everyone, at 62 yrs young, I'm only at entry level in hifi collection of gear and music. However my recent purchase, tho modest in price has elevated my listening enjoyment to a more pleasing hobby. The Pro-ject essential III table at first listen was a purchase I had to make. I've owned in the past a Garrad 104, Sony Sp10 and a Heybrook TT2 which I still posses. Neither of these tables gave the satisfaction I enjoy now. Was it the tonearm combo and mismatch cartridge selection or just the other gear further down the line? Who knows? Hang in there, not done!
In my excitement I figured I was satisfied, not to be. A friend of mine suggested I move to the SUPER OM10 version of the cartridge that is supplied. I did, and the fun meter move near Vertical. Then I read an offer from an online magazine suggesting I purchase at an introduction price, a "Cartridge Enabler" and being the week person I am, "I'll but that Baby! What's your angle?" Well I've got to say this purchase has sent my fun meter into the Red! It a little felt like fabric with mounting washers the couples or de-couples the cartridge and plays my old scratchy LPs so much better that I reinstalled the supplied OM 1O cart. and found it plays just as well as the super om10 without the price tag of $40plus over the super! I say give it a try... "OriginLive website". Cheers!