+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spotfire Speaker Cable Review

I'm James.

Sad to see it go but I expect Oli will be glad to have them back!

[IMG]IMG_0016 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]J[/IMG]
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Sad to see it go but I expect Oli will be glad to have them back!

[IMG]IMG_0016 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]J[/IMG]
    You are so right Jim, I always say, you don't know how good something is untill you take it out. I definitely know now!!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Hi Jimbo

Your gonna miss them mate.
    Better start saving
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Jimbo

Your gonna miss them mate.
    Better start saving
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Rob.

I’ve had my Spotfire speaker cables for three weeks now. The first official pair of ‘Reference Spotfire’ speaker cables I believe? The first thing which strikes you is how thick and substantial looking they are. The next thing is the build quality. The fit and finish is top notch, very neat and tidy. This came as no surprise as I already own a pair of the Spotfire interconnects.

Oliver said they require circa 100 hours running in before they reach their optimum level. I would say mine have 50 odd hours on them at the moment so please bear that in mind.

I bought a pair of Spotfire interconnects last May and I’ve been extremely impressed with them. When I saw Oliver was making Spotfire speaker cables I contacted him immediately.
    Sadly, as most of you will be aware Oliver had a motorcycle accident and wasn’t in any fit state to make any cables. He asked if I could contact him a month later and see how he was feeling then. I did just that and even though he wasn’t feeling 100% he said he’d make the cables for me. An order was placed and within 10 days I had the cables in my hand.

My previous speaker cables were Chord Co Signature’s (the MK1 version) which I’ve had since 2014 which and been very happy with them.
    At first you aren’t quite sure what the differences/improvements are but it’s not long before they start to show their true colours.
    The soundstage is a lot wider with space and depth between the instruments. Instruments have a more authentic sound and you can feel the way they were struck. It’s hard to describe but it’s all there in front of you.

I agree with James (@Jimbo) with his and his wife’s findings (by chance I contacted Oliver last week to give him an update on how I was getting along with the Spotfire’s and I used the same analogy as @jimbo) I too found the change from the Chord’s to the Spotfire cables similar to the move from MM carts to a (very) decent MC cart. Everything has a move real/authentic sound plus the presentation is more relaxed and easier to listen to. I’ve been amazed at the extra detail the Spotfire’s have retrieved.

Going back to the Chord Signatures they initially impressed but it’s not long before you start missing the Spotfire’s.
    I’ve now sold the Chord Signatures and I’ve also placed an order for another set of Interconnects. So I think that’s the best recommendations I can give.

One last thing. Oliver has been a pleasure to deal with. Even though he’s still far from fully recovered from his accident he’s got back to emails quickly and turned around the order very quickly.

Cheers
    Rob

PS: I haven't connected the shielding cables yet so I don't know if they make a difference or not.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Rob,

Yes, yours were the first pair!

I'm glad you like them and it's very satisfying to receive positive feedback.

I'll have your Naim cable done asap.

Still not 100% as you say so thanks for everyone's patience.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234