+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Wiltshire

I'm Donald.

Default Greetings from Wiltshire

Having survived Novichok in my area it made me reflect on what's important in life - listening to music! Or at least talking about it. Oh and my wife and kids.
    I have 2 systems:
    Main : Cyrus cd xt sig, Cyrus Stream xp2qx + psxr, job sysint225 amp, spendor A6 speakers, vortexbox NAS, tellerium a black speaker cables, living voice and isotek mains cables

Bedroom: squeezebox into Cyrus 8vs feeding kef ls50, artisan ultimate silver dream ICs and Cyrus speaker cable.
    I also have an AV system - yamaha and monitor audio (but that's not hifi is it...)

Having a major reconfiguration as have just ordered some Dutch & Dutch active speakers to try and de-box.

I look forward to many happy years of work avoidance with you all.

I'm Grant.

Welcome Donald. Enjoy your music here
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Donald.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

Hi Donald, welcome to the forum...

Would the Dutch+Dutch be the 8C's? I heard these at the NW Audio Show last year, and I really liked them. I look forward to hearing how you get on with them!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Hello Donald. Welcome to AOS.

Feel free to join in the fun and chat with everybody, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hi Donald, welcome to the forum...

Would the Dutch+Dutch be the 8C's? I heard these at the NW Audio Show last year, and I really liked them. I look forward to hearing how you get on with them!
    Yes they are the 8cs.Arrived yesterday so just setting them up. I'll let you know how they pan out. Realised I need a long aes cable to connect the speakers so need to order one.

Cheers

I'm Donald.

Update on 8cs:

Quite challenging to get going as they only have an xlr input for balanced analogue connection or aes/ebu. Unfortunately I had neither and a simple spdif rca to aes lead doesn't work. So I am using them unbalanced at the moment moment with just a simple rca-xlr lead. They sound amazing though! Bass is phenomenal and they are deceptively detailed because they sound very smooth.
    I am happy to hang on to these so am selling my Cyrus/spendor setup - please see other thread.

I'm Steve.

When I heard the 8c's at Cranage last year, the guy had flashing lights going, and playing some banging dance music (which made a nice change from the usual jazz stuff), and the speakers seemed to have most of the dynamic sound and 'slam' that you would get at a nightclub, but at the same time very detailed and not in a fatiguing way. I thought they were great.

I'm sure you will have great fun with them, and I'm just a little bit jealous.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Donald.

Thanks pp. They do give the impression that they have a lot of headroom and don't harden up at high volume which I noticed with the Kii threes which I also auditioned. Got a newborn so not had as much time to listen as I would like.
    Interestingly although they are supposed to be relatively room agnostic due to dsp etc (which I haven't delved into) I've found them very sensitive to placement and toe in.
    I think a bit like driving a rear wheel drive car it's going to be a bit of a voyage of discovery with these things. I'll start a new thread in another forum for the interested.

+ Reply to Thread