+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I've been informed my 390 remote is now repaired after they installed a new pcb from the US

I should have it on Tuesday
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Ah some good news
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed Grant...

Once I got over being a bit annoyed with the dealer, which didn't take long, I'm quite happy if the remote comes back to me fully working. I will check it out to make sure it's ok but I won't be using it as I don't use remotes
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Indeed Grant...

Once I got over being a bit annoyed with the dealer, which didn't take long, I'm quite happy if the remote comes back to me fully working. I will check it out to make sure it's ok but I won't be using it as I don't use remotes
    Remotes are nice to have. Especially if you want to skip a particular song on a CD, without the remote you’re more likely to just suffer through it.

And, it really helps the resale value of the component. I am shocked and amazed at the high priced used gear that no longer has the remote! When I was shopping for a used CD player, I was shopping in the $1 to $3k range, and two thirds of all units no longer had their remote! Either lost, or broken, some took quite a loss on their resale price because of it, or some still wanting full price had their units sit for a year with no buyer. I wound up buying a Cary 306, and the seller had two remotes! Having lost it, he bought another and then found the first one. I try to take good care of my remotes, for that very reason. Keeping them clean, and in a safe place, and don’t let batteries leak in them.

A very nice CD player you’ve got there! I gave it some serious thought when I was shopping, and a handsome unit it is!

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Remotes are nice to have. Especially if you want to skip a particular song on a CD, without the remote you’re more likely to just suffer through it.

And, it really helps the resale value of the component. I am shocked and amazed at the high priced used gear that no longer has the remote! When I was shopping for a used CD player, I was shopping in the $1 to $3k range, and two thirds of all units no longer had their remote! Either lost, or broken, some took quite a loss on their resale price because of it, or some still wanting full price had their units sit for a year with no buyer. I wound up buying a Cary 306, and the seller had two remotes! Having lost it, he bought another and then found the first one. I try to take good care of my remotes, for that very reason. Keeping them clean, and in a safe place, and don’t let batteries leak in them.

A very nice CD player you’ve got there! I gave it some serious thought when I was shopping, and a handsome unit it is!

Russell
    I've never used remote's and don't ever feel the need to skip tracks however bad they are..

I'm sure having a working remote will help with resale though which is why I was keen to get it repaired. If I ever get a ML Power amp I'll need the remote for the 390 as, apparently, it's a great pre... I've no idea though

To be honest the 390 sounds so nice. I know it's easy to praise the new kit you get but I'm quite certain it's the best I've ever heard cd to sound... it's not impressive sounding at all but just very nice...and, as you say, it's quite "handsome" and built like a tank
    Bev

I'm David.

Good news, handy just to pause the music if the phone rings.

I'm Steve.

Sod the phone, I'll call 'em back later! (maybe). Usually a call centre anyway
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Justin.

Put it on eBay.

Working 390 remotes could be a scarcity!

The remote came back fully working, which is nice...

Now I've noticed a slight problem with the 383.. the left channel has a very faint crackle sound... It's still under warranty and I've contacted the seller who's fine with me sending it in for repair to ML UK and they'll pay for the repair. I will also get them to do a full service while they have it as it's getting on a bit just to give it the 'once over' to check everything is as it should be
    Bev

I'm Dennis.

Very sensible, especially for a keeper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast