+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    It is really good, and a relief when we get a sense of conviction and confirmation that a change is a solid move forward; ATM I am dithering around thinking I have moved forward, and then wondering what I have done because the sound is so often different from previously.
    I know exactly what you mean Dennis but my two ML's are sounding lovely together..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm David.

When you can't be bothered to change kit around you simply know what sounds best. Enjoy the ML's Bev.

Thanks David...

I've just heard back from the ML service centre, where I sent the 390 remote control, and apparently badly leaking batteries have totalled it..

They are contacting ML in the US to see if there are any PCB's available and they'll let me know the outcome..

If there are no PCB's available then the remote is not repairable... nightmare for me as I'm just loving the 390 paired with the 383....

I don't actually use a remote so it's not really a problem at the moment but if I ever want to use the 390 as a pre then I'll need the remote..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Deleted.

Don’t you just prefer whatever the new thing you’ve bought is? At least, that’s how it seems from an outsiders point of view. So far you have owned three very different systems, 1st a very ‘round earth’ system, then moving to quite a ‘flat earth’ system and now a very ‘Americana’ sound. Honestly, I wonder if you had experienced these in a different order your opinion would be the same but with a different order - the newest always wins. By all means have fun, but there isn’t really any kind of genuine critique at work here (you are certainly in good company in this respect).
    Account Deleted

I'm alan.

Marc ... The grass is always greener on the other side to some peep's...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Don’t you just prefer whatever the new thing you’ve bought is? At leat, that’s how it seems from an outsiders point of view. So far you have owned three very different systems, 1st a very ‘round earth’ system, then moving to quite a ‘flat earth’ system and now an A very Americana sound. Honestly, I wonder if you had experienced these in a different order your opinion would be the same but with a different result - the newest always wins. By all means have fun, but there isn’t really any kind of genuine critique at work here (you are certainly in good company in this respect).
    Well Mark you may well be right with your comments. I've gone full circle I think having 'lived' with SET amps for many years but I found that speaker choice was so critical with that set-up.... As you know I then went with the Naim's and loved it, which is, I guess what you meant by 'flat earth'... I thought, and still do, that the SN2 is a very good amp indeed and would happily have lived with it but I'm sure you know what it's like when you just want to try something different, so enter the ML's

I don't know if I just prefer whatever is the 'new thing' as you stated but I do think that I've come to a nice happy place with the ML's

I really don't care how I got to my present set-up as long as there is a nice sound to be had.... whether that's because it was some sort of 'order' I really don't think about that to be honest...

The only important thing to me is whether I like what I am currently experiencing and I do so that's all good as far as I'm concerned...

And whether that's because "the newest always wins" I have no idea but I'm certainly enjoying the current set-up, and that's all that's important to me
    Bev

I'm alan.

Hats off to ya Bev.........You know Wot you like, and you like Wot you know.

Who sang that again.?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks David...

I've just heard back from the ML service centre, where I sent the 390 remote control, and apparently badly leaking batteries have totalled it..

They are contacting ML in the US to see if there are any PCB's available and they'll let me know the outcome..

If there are no PCB's available then the remote is not repairable... nightmare for me as I'm just loving the 390 paired with the 383....

I don't actually use a remote so it's not really a problem at the moment but if I ever want to use the 390 as a pre then I'll need the remote..
    Surely you could use a universal or learning remote. All you need is to look up the Mark Levinson codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Surely you could use a universal or learning remote. All you need is to look up the Mark Levinson codes.
    That's what I thought Geoff... the 390 instructions, I think, do go into that somewhat..

The 390 doesn't come up for sale very often so I will do my best to hold onto mine as it's just a lovely sounding player and it's in perfect condition and works 100% as well...
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    That's what I thought Geoff... the 390 instructions, I think, do go into that somewhat..

The 390 doesn't come up for sale very often so I will do my best to hold onto mine as it's just a lovely sounding player and it's in perfect condition and works 100% as well...
    There are many cheap universal remotes available although the Logitech range is a bit more upmarket and can be programmed to control all devices from one handset.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast