+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Grant.

Always fancied something like these or a tosh. Unlikely tho. Might save up for a leben
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I hope so too - but I remember you saying the last time you heard an ML amplifier, you weren't impresssed and thought it inferior to your Audio Note OTO amp.
    You are absolutely correct Barry. I only once heard ML and it was a couple of huge mono's and I was definitely not impressed

However I've been reading a bit about the ML 'house sound' and it would seem that it's not an immediately impressive sound but in the long run that seems to pay off

It was years ago that I heard the ML's but I think now owning the Maggies something 'like' an ML might suit them

Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess and I'm prepared to be either wowed by the ML or, indeed, completely underwhelmed by it

I've got a very open mind about the soon to be delivered ML and if it's not for me I will simply sell it on and look elsewhere
    Last edited by Ninanina; 05-04-2019 at 19:10. Reason: spelling
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm gone.

You might want to think about different speaker cables to go with the ML, Bev.
    NACA5 are fairly horrible, I doubt they will show your new amp at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    You might want to think about different speaker cables to go with the ML, Bev.
    NACA5 are fairly horrible, I doubt they will show your new amp at its best.
    Jerry I defo won't be using the NACA5 with the ML. My NACA5 is pro made with the soldered Naim plugs at the amp end, and I know I can sell that cable on no problem

While the Naim cable is fine with Naim stuff i'm sure it won't cut it with the ML

Once i've got the ML here, and if I like it enough, then I will treat it some some decent speaker cable

For the time being the Van Damme Black will have to do but will defo get some 'better' speaker cable for the ML

I've no idea what speaker cable I'd choose but I really like what Mark Grant has to offer so will probably go that route first

If anyone has any suggestions for good, but not too expensive, speaker cable for the ML i'd really appreciate it

I also have quite a liking for Tellurium stuff so might also consider either the Black or Ultra Black for the ML
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm gone.

I suspect Hifi Dave will have experience with what works well with ML - if he doesn't reply here, drop him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I suspect Hifi Dave will have experience with what works well with ML - if he doesn't reply here, drop him a PM.
    Great thanks Jerry... hopefully Dave will post his thoughts on cable suited to the ML...
    Bev

I'm Dave.

Sorry, missed this.

Nothing wrong with the TQ cables, in fact, they are very good but I definitely wouldn't use the NACA5.

Back when we sold ML, our cables of choice were Furukawa and the natural successor to these is Atlas with their OHNO pure copper and sophisticated construction. I would recommend the best Atlas cable your budget will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Sorry, missed this.

Nothing wrong with the TQ cables, in fact, they are very good but I definitely wouldn't use the NACA5.

Back when we sold ML, our cables of choice were Furukawa and the natural successor to these is Atlas with their OHNO pure copper and sophisticated construction. I would recommend the best Atlas cable your budget will allow.
    That's super thanks Dave for the info

I've just finished soldering the Nakamichi spade's to the Van Damme Black speaker cable, well once my Portasol decided to worked properly that is... I also managed to put a small screwdriver through my thumb... don't ask ..... ouchy, very ouchy.. but the cable is all shrink wrapped up and ready to go

I believe ML used CZ GEL-2 cable for interconnects and there is someone on eBay that has it, NOS:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232375757....N36.S1.R1.TR2

So I might be tempted to use that and get someone to terminate some RCA's for me

I will also take a look at the Atlas cables

Of course, if I like the ML, then I will also improve the speaker cable but I'll use the Van Damme Black initially as well as borrowing the Mark Grant interconnects from Colin..

Dave do you know if the Furukawa cable/s are still available as I have a liking for anything Japanese...
    Bev

I'm Justin.

In recent years at shows I have heard ML quite a bit. But it is ALWAYS partnered with JBL.

The one set up that really worked was at Munich 2018 where ML was driving JBL 4367. Killer, I thought. But that is contemporary ML, not a 383, which is from a while back now. Which is not to deride it.

Not much help, just sayin'.

You're in the same boat as me, Bev. Unsure how the Luxman will work with my Apogees. More than prepared to pass it on if not.

I'm Justin.

Oh I used to use Naim NAC A4 on Martin Logans. It was actually good on the bass cones only. Crap driving the ESL panel. I used solid core copper for that.

Just saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast